• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My brother sucks! (or is annoying, at least.)

Rapid_Roy

Well, not really. I helped him pick this up last night in Illinois.
Supposed 14 thousand miles
on it and it was tight. Everything looked brand new, and it is basically the bike I have been building all winter with my /7.
:bluduh

01010201150401160120080501d77150137.jpg

01151101021201160420080501c400782b8.jpg

01151101020001041220080501002fa17b9.jpg

Very nice. What is year is the bike?

Look at the bright side. Since his is flamboyant red, he will attract all the unwanted attention and you can ride in peace. A red sports car or motorcycle should come with a few tickets as standard equipment. :D

:laugh

I never thought of that. It's ticket me Red.

It's a 1977 R100/7. It appears to have been repainted, the color sticker was gone off the rear fender. He also said he had the carbs rebuilt (at 14,000?) and it had a new progressive suspension (front and rear) in it.
If it was crashed, it is the cleanest bike I have ever seen. Everything was spotless and looked brand new. I told my bro if it was 114,000, they replaced every part on the entire bike, right up to the backrest. It is clean.

looks nice
but the time and date stamp says sept 2007
what does the bike look like today ?

otherwise, nice lookin scooter

looks nice
but the time and date stamp says sept 2007
what does the bike look like today ?

otherwise, nice lookin scooter
Those photos were taken by the owner. It looks identical. There is a slight 2 inch area of oops on the left side of the fairing, but the paint is almost perfect everywhere else. He is a tired but happy man. He dropped me off about 1:15 am and he livesa about 15 minutes away. Then, his wife wanted to see the bike and she leaves at 5am, so they woke him up so they could look at it. :laugh

They went ooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Very nice.

I've got a '77 R100S that was redone very well, complete with red paint. It's got 126K on the clock, but it could easily pass for 26K.

Either way, it looks like he got a good one. Congrats to him.

Yours is black, no? The proper color for an airhead? Just remind him of that when you're feeling envious.
:stick

Is your brother a BMWMOA member? Or is the long shadow of Rapid Roy too intimidating?

Is your brother a BMWMOA member? Or is the long shadow of Rapid Roy too intimidating?
Uhhh, the wide and long shadow would be more appropriate: laugh
Yes, he is a BMWMOA member, and his shadow is just as wide and more long.
He is Dave2large. If he logs in, somebody tell him I meant my other brother.
Yeah, thats it.
He called me earlier in the week, and told me to look at Craigslist for this bike. I found it and called him back immediately and said buy it and don't tell our other brother, or he will buy it and wreck it. :laugh

We went to look at it, and after a minute of looking at it, my brother asked me how we were gonna get it in the van. What a lousy negotiator. :laugh
He did take me to Mcdonalds at about 12:30 am, and I told him that in no way does this mean he is square for buying me dinner. I'll hit him up at the Great River Road Run, which we are forcing him to go to. The title may be a bit harsh, Mods feel free to change it to "is annoying." Then Dave will think I am referring to my other brother.
:D

I've got a '77 R100S that was redone very well, complete with red paint. It's got 126K on the clock, but it could easily pass for 26K.

Either way, it looks like he got a good one. Congrats to him.

Yours is black, no? The proper color for an airhead? Just remind him of that when you're feeling envious.
:stick
My bike will be sweet when it is done, but until then, I am annoyed with him.
The bike is still stiff and tight, like a new bike, I am fairly certain it is 14 thousand.
My /7 has 60 thousand on it. I don't have the spare money though, and I am very happy for him. Now, he needs to get his R69S running, and his "parts that is gonna be a 1000 in a /5 frame" bike done.

My name is Dave and I suck.

I have been made aware of your jibes and jests. I just thought I'd like to have a running bike again after 23 years. Does that make me a bad guy?:dunno I hereby respectfully bask in what envy you might have :dance and share my good fortune with you. I hope to see you all at some rallies. :thumb
Love,
Roy's big brother

I sense some bike envy! That looks just like the "Big Brother" of my R60! Careful you don't park too close to me in the Dells - there could be some confusion. On the flip side, that could make for a good photo op. :idea

I have been made aware of your jibes and jests. I just thought I'd like to have a running bike again after 23 years. Does that make me a bad guy?:dunno I hereby respectfully bask in what envy you might have :dance and share my good fortune with you. I hope to see you all at some rallies. :thumb
Love,
Roy's big brother

Congrats on the new ride. You and your brother did well. I hope you enjoy your brother as much as we do.

Uhhh, the wide and long shadow would be more appropriate: laugh
Yes, he is a BMWMOA member, and his shadow is just as wide and more long.
He is Dave2large. If he logs in, somebody tell him I meant my other brother.
Yeah, thats it.
He called me earlier in the week, and told me to look at Craigslist for this bike. I found it and called him back immediately and said buy it and don't tell our other brother, or he will buy it and wreck it. :laugh

We went to look at it, and after a minute of looking at it, my brother asked me how we were gonna get it in the van. What a lousy negotiator. :laugh
He did take me to Mcdonalds at about 12:30 am, and I told him that in no way does this mean he is square for buying me dinner. I'll hit him up at the Great River Road Run, which we are forcing him to go to. The title may be a bit harsh, Mods feel free to change it to "is annoying." Then Dave will think I am referring to my other brother.
:D

He may have a beautiful, assembled, low-mileage ride but your killing him in post count! :D

Last edited:
Sumran, your screen name indicates why Dave bought a new bike for his stable.
He needed it because sumran, but they don't any more.:laugh

His R69S will be sweet again someday, and the parts that will be a 1000 in a /5 frame will also be a fun bike to ride.
The HD, I don't know. I don't remember actually ever seeing it running.

As punishment I think you make him ride the bike down to my place (with the title already signed over to me, George Tirebiter) and deposit said machine in my garage, I'm sure I can make room for it!:D

RM

Back