• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Photo of your K-bike

when I look at the forum on my computer, I see all four. the attachment process is a black art...

appears that only the last picture shows up on the forum...have do with one at a time till I figure this out.

Use an on-line photo hosting site, makes multiple photo submissions in one post very easy.
i use photobucket.com

85 RS BlueBoy

Fresh out of the garage after 9 months of total rebuild. All rubber, seals, bearings (not internal engine), cosmic blue paint, powdercoat frame, SS brake lines, all cables, clutch, all hoses & clamps, clear windshield, head gasket, and a million stainless nuts & bolts. Afraid to add it all up. Side covers and lower fairing will go on following test ride and tweaking.

Who painted your tank and plastic parts? I am removing these parts from my K75S and putting into boxes to ship as we speak! :D

K100rs

Your bike made me realize something that hadn't really hit me until now; the K100RS was the most well-designed bike since BMW switched over from the R-series to K-series (in my not-so-humble opinion). All the bulbuous, overblown, larger displacement models that have come along since then cannot hold a candle to the K100RS' sleek elegance.

I never get tired of looking at RS's such as your stellar example.

Amen, Amen, you speak the word!!!

I assume a gem of a K1100RS like this one would qualify also. (not mine, but I wish)

Attachments

• K1100RS_45.jpg
    K1100RS_45.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 483
cleaned up the 85 a saturday before the cold front came in. the bodywork was covered with a rough gritty dust/dirt, etc film from years of sitting. about three hours of hand polishing with a light rubbing compound got it off. have a new set of bt45's getting mounted this week and some overdue service.
DSCN2160.jpg

DSCN2165.jpg

DSCN2163.jpg

My K and my stepson's CBR250. 1/3 the cylinders and displacement, if I were 1/3 lighter and 1/3 my age it would be a sweet ride!

Attachments

• bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 549
cleaned up the 85 a saturday before the cold front came in. the bodywork was covered with a rough gritty dust/dirt, etc film from years of sitting. about three hours of hand polishing with a light rubbing compound got it off. have a new set of bt45's getting mounted this week and some overdue service.
DSCN2160.jpg

DSCN2165.jpg

DSCN2163.jpg
H
Heh there Dointheton can't say as I have seen your bike around my parts. Where do you ride? PM me if you want to get together...except for the salt on roads it's Still nice to ride at this time.

I still miss her.

Traded her in @ 96,000 miles. Her name was wildfire.
She replaced Starfire at 163,000 miles. (A 1985 K100.)
Now I am old. I needed a lighter bike. We now ride Campfire, a F800ST.
Now, "ain't" that a bunch of foolishness?

Attachments

• wildfire......Campfire 034.jpg
    wildfire......Campfire 034.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 398
Back