• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tourmaster Synergy Heated Jacket Liner

mfifer

Titan Silver
Man I just got this and have tried it for the first time (tee shirt , liner and airflow jacket on 50deg morning) and just do not see how I ever lived without one, so I ordered the pants as well. We will see how they work but if they are anywhere near the quality of the jacket liner I'll be as snug as a bug in a (well ) heated suit!
Liner is very soft and flexable and the collar heat is just great! also the heat adjustments are just right for me , of coarse we do not get extreme cold but beats the heck out of 6 layers of other stuff , when it does get down to 30 or so.

Thanks , Mike

My brother got one for Christmas last year & he's happy with it too. I'm still using my old Aerostich which is still going strong.

It's amazing how many people still don't know about electric clothing. I've only had mine for a couple of years now and wonder how I ever got along without it. And in a climate like we have, it can extend your riding season a long ways.

Not to mention how good it feels to the people you meet along the way who are sure you are freezing when you tell them about it.

I can't believe I haven't told everyone by now how wonderful my heated jacket is!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks Guys and Gals , I love it so much I may even try wearing it when it is 105 just so when I take it off it will feel cooler!

Voni glad Paul is well after his NM experiance. They all do not drive like that here (well usually) :whistle .

Mike

I got mine near the end of the season last year so I only got to use it a couple of times. I like the comfortable fit and heated collar as well. That's the main reasons I decided to go with the Tourmaster... not to mention the affordable price. Looking forward to a whole winter with heat!

Thanks Guys and Gals , I love it so much I may even try wearing it when it is 105 just so when I take it off it will feel cooler!

Voni glad Paul is well after his NM experiance. They all do not drive like that here (well usually) :whistle .

Mike

That was really scary! Thanks for your kind thoughts.

In coolish weather, we used to stop and Paul would say" I didn't even turn on my electrics!" - to show it wasn't THAT cold.

I'd smile and ask "Why not?"

The thing is, cold is insidious. It drains energy from you slowly - so slowly you don't notice, but you are tiring. With a little boost from your jacket, life is good! And your stamina is improved.

Glad to hear such good things about Tourmaster. I love good AND inexpensive.

Voni
sMiling

Update

With a few hundred miles on the jacket liner I am still loving it however there was a glitch. The control cable coming out of the jacket went through an eyelet and it was only a short time before this eyelet came out of the jacket. The fabric there was doubled but appeared to have been missed by the sewing machine. That said it was an easy fix with 2 small black tywraps and a poking tool and seems fine now.
I bought the pant liners as well and simply love them. They should be advertised as more of a Chap than liners and I use them over my pants on the way to work. They have two large velcro attachments behind the thigh and calf and a nice velcro stretch waist band. I like them for their ease of putting on and taking off (handy for New Mexico weather).
Now all that remains is to get my Transition 2 Hi-Vis and I'll be all set. They are supposed to be back in stock mid Nov.

Thanks All , Mike

Back