• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

You know it is getting close to rally time when ___!

Just had 18k mile service performed and front tire replaced. I want to travel "light" so my bags are being packed now in preparation for leaving early next Mon morning for Helen, GA. From there the Richard Russell scenic highway to Choestoe to Rte 180, Rte 17. I can travel up to Hiawassee and then up to Rte 64 in NC over to Rte 441 up to Gatlinburg to Rte 321 and on to just short of Johnson City up Rte 381 to I-26 and exit 13 to Gray,TN. Another route is to take Rte 76 East out of Choestoe over to Rte 441 at Clayton, GA and North on 441 to Rte 321. Both Rte's look good. I should be at the Rally site Wed morning. Ride Safe :usa :usa :wave :bikes

...when you laugh at all the responses and then secretly wonder what "fun" thing is going to happen to you.....

started to pack, wondering what I will forget (and it I will miss it)....waiting for time to get a boarding pass (flying east to pick up a bike so I can try out some of your guys twisties)

Britta
come volunteer for 50/50!!!

I spend more time at work looking at this website and other points of interest than I do working.................

I'm ready.

gsjay

people start asking really basic questions in the rally forum

"how do i ride my motorcycle"
"will the rally feature camping"
"will i starve to death at the rally"

:brad

I'm already packed!!! I leave next Wednesday. Its going to be a long hard 317 mile ride. I may have to stop for gas. :dance

Rally soon to happen indications

The Rally is happening soon when I order my new tires and visit Clarence, Ia to have my buddy Gary install the new tires to my rims. Next step is looking for Way points to download to the GPS in the 100 mile radius around the Rally site.

When the active viewing of the RALLY FORUM is going up and up and up...

a month ago it was 4 or 8 today it was 38.........

When that really stiff new tire won't go on, and after much colorful language, and sweat, you discover it's a 16" tire and your rim is 17" -don't laugh- and it's too late to get another shipped...

and

that box of oil filters you'd had for a while now only contains dirty old spark plugs.

:whistle

When that really stiff new tire won't go on, and after much colorful language, and sweat, you discover it's a 16" tire and your rim is 17" -don't laugh- and it's too late to get another shipped...

and

that box of oil filters you'd had for a while now only contains dirty old spark plugs.

:whistle

I'm with you!

I know it is getting close to rally time when I have a pinhole leak in my front brake hose!:banghead Same hose that was replaced a year and a half ago.:scratch That time, it was the Dells Rally that I missed...

It's at the dealer as we speak. I'm optimistic I'll only be a day or so late to the ROK rally. Then, on to the MOA!

Thanks (in advance) to Judson Cycle, my local dealer. They're working so I can ride!:thumb

Edit: It's done!:clap I'm leaving today for my ROK/MOA/American Heritage Ride/RA extravaganza!:clap

Last edited:
...when you're deciding which coat to wear

When you're checking the weather in TN every few hours for the temp forecast and hoping it's cooler than than the 98 degree heat we've got in Houston.... so that you can decide which clothes to pack. :)

106.5 hours till departure.:thumb

When you discover the front fork seals leaking....while you're installing the new J&M comm system that was sent with a mount braket that dosen't work....and you still have to pack the rest of the bike....

Back