• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Resolve to Make Your Motorcycling Dreams Come True in 2011

I hope this is appropriate for this thread, and I think is IS.

Alisa Clickenger and I, Karen Thomson of AVID MotoTours http://avidmototours.com/womens_empowerment.aspx are putting on a women's learning tour; the Women's Empowerment Motorcycle Tour June 24-July 2, 2011. It is set up somewhat like a rolling classroom and our aim is to teach women who already ride how to tour on their own.

Alisa and I have gotten so much out of our motorcycling we want to give back to our chosen sport and bring more women into the fold. We want to empower them not just for motorcycling, but build their inner self to apply to their total lives.

We are signing up tour members now. If you're interested or know someone who might be please check out my website and contact Alisa or me.

Alisa also has her own website that includes all her adventures in Central and South America on her DR650 at MotoAdventureGal.com http://motoadventuregal.com .

Definitely is appropriate here. You've both set a big challenge for yourselves and you're living it. And we can all only be encouraging of you.

The power we have when we share is unstoppable.

Voni
sMiling

Been traveling alone for a few years, love the freedom. Last summer had my first flat, not much drama....a tow, new tires, and on my way the next morning.

For me this is the year I start Rallying, starting with the Cal 24. Did an 8-hour mini-rally last spring and honestly, never I'd I ever had more fun on the moto. Really looking forward to this year.

Amazing how TROUBLE often is so less worrisome than we imagine.

We'll be rooting for you in the Cal 24. LOTS of fun and challenge. Go, Beemergirl, go!

Voni
sMiling

Big trip for summer 2011 will be a 40 day adventure from BC, Yukon, NWT and Alaska of course. 2 chicks, 2 bikes, one Mutha Hubba tent and freedom! Leave July 4!

Big trip for summer 2011 will be a 40 day adventure from BC, Yukon, NWT and Alaska of course. 2 chicks, 2 bikes, one Mutha Hubba tent and freedom! Leave July 4!

And, of course, you'll take us all along.

Love your trip report!

Voni
sMiling

That sounds GREAT!

Where's Maple Ridge? I live in Washington and have relatives in BC.

Karen

Hey! I have relatives and friends in Chilliwack, too! And Merritt and Whistler...

Holly - I'd love to meet you for a coffee sometime! I'm pretty much available Monday-Thursday, so whenever works for you.

Cheryl

Hey! I have relatives and friends in Chilliwack, too! And Merritt and Whistler...

Holly - I'd love to meet you for a coffee sometime! I'm pretty much available Monday-Thursday, so whenever works for you.

Cheryl
who are you speaking too? Either way you are in Ontario!:scratch:brad

I can't say that I understand your confusion. Karen said she has relatives in Chilliwack, and various other parts of BC, I was just saying that I also have relatives/friends in Chilliwack and various other parts of BC. I was just pointing out a small commonality. That's a problem?? :dunno

The other bit was prefaced by "Holly", so I think it's clear who that was intended for. ;) Of course, if I should happen to meet you, whether in Maple Ridge or Ontario or somewhere else in our travels, I'd be happy to have a coffee with you, too!

I also attended the 2010 rally in Oregon.
I was awed by the ladies on the panel and I SHALL attend the BMWMOA rally in Pennsylvania and RA in Wisconsin. Europe 2012. After that - who knows?
Greetings from a Canadian rider.

I was awed by the ladies on the panel and I SHALL attend the BMWMOA rally in Pennsylvania and RA in Wisconsin. Europe 2012. After that - who knows?

Go 52Baden, go!

Looking forward to seeing you in Pennsylvania!

And to your trip reports!

Voni
sMiling

anyone thinking of going to the Pacific Northwest Adventure Rallye?

FireShotProcapture564-XplorPac-NW2011-www_rawhyde-offroad_com_pac-nw-rally_html.png

http://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/pac-nw-rally.html

Welcome 52Baden. Great first post. Where in Canada are you?

Holly

I was at the seminar in Redmond and the energy was palpable! It was so inspring to see all of those powerful women! Does anyone have the name of the woman who had riden through Asia and Australia? She was at Redmond and was riding across the US to go home to the UK! She was missing her sweetie. Wow! Now that was a case of fortitude and I bet she's got stories too!!!!
I think I said that I'd put on more miles and indeed I did! Almost 14,000 since I got the bike in November 2009. Now it's up on the lift and Bike Boy is making it road worthy for another few thousand. I am one lucky woman!

I wasn't there but from the sounds of it you're referring to Tiffany Coates:
http://www.tiffanystravels.co.uk/node/766 (it's really worth taking some time to read a bunch of her travel blog!)

She is my hero. :bow

I LOVED Alisa's talk at the National in Redmond! I've been trying to avoid the "I want/I wish/some day" kind of talk since the seminar! Thanks Alisa (and of course, Voni for being a great role (roll?) model)!

My resolution this year is to take the MSF dirt bike course, then ride the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (540 miles of non-paved roads from the Wisconsin-Illinois border to Lake Superior) with a fellow female club member. She and I are already signed up for the one day course and are planning on doing the Trans Wisconsin this summer! Neither of us has an off-road background but we're going to have a blast!:boldpurpl

Well, I've committed to my first solo trip. I've registered for the Great Chicken Rally in Alabama at the end of May, and booked my tent for the event with Sherpa Ted. Now to plan my route! :clap

I LOVED Alisa's talk at the National in Redmond! I've been trying to avoid the "I want/I wish/some day" kind of talk since the seminar! Thanks Alisa (and of course, Voni for being a great role (roll?) model)!

My resolution this year is to take the MSF dirt bike course, then ride the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (540 miles of non-paved roads from the Wisconsin-Illinois border to Lake Superior) with a fellow female club member. She and I are already signed up for the one day course and are planning on doing the Trans Wisconsin this summer! Neither of us has an off-road background but we're going to have a blast!:boldpurpl

Ambitious! You'll have an amazing adventure!

Voni
sMiling

Well, I've committed to my first solo trip. I've registered for the Great Chicken Rally in Alabama at the end of May, and booked my tent for the event with Sherpa Ted. Now to plan my route! :clap

The most amazing journeys begin with the FIRST step.

Go!

Voni
sMiling

Back