• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 Georgia Mountain Rally info ???

subagon

Hopelessly lost
Was filling out my 2013 event calendar and I can't find any information on the Georgia Mountain Rally. Normally held in late April, early May at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in Hiawassee, Georgia.

The BMW Motorcycle Owners of Georgia website (http://www.bmwmoga.info) is FUBAR or high jacked :dunno

Anyone have any details?

I "think" it's always the first weekend in May.

Last year was 1 week later than previous. Reading the forum on bmwmoga. Looks like they may be hurting for leadership volunteers. I hope they get it together, my group loves that event.

No it was not. It was the first weekend in May,I was there,had a great time,weather was fine. Oh it did rain a bit on thursday evening.

It was 4/30,1,2 in 2010. It was on 4/29,30,1 in 2011. It was May 4,5,6 in 2012.
So I guess it depends on your definition of "first weekend in May". An event starting on April 29, is the last weekend in April.

So I contend that it moved from the last weekend in April to the first weekend in May, based on start date.

If you consider the definition as the first weekend with any May Day in it, then maybe, but not the traditional definition.

I went back one more year, in 2009, it was may1-3.

So given this apparent algorithm, I'd say the 2013 date is May3,4,5.

Is it happening or not?

2013 Georgia Mountain Rally (GMR), Hiawassee - Tentative Dates

Tentative date is the 1st weekend in May for the 2013 Georgia Mountain Rally (GMR) in Hiawassee. That is, Friday/Saturday/Sunday May 3/4/5. The club is waiting on a contract from the venue before confirming details.

It would be a good ides for as many as possible to let the Georgia club president know you they are interested in the event Georgia Club President. I have sent my email to say I am keen.

I am only about 2 hours ride away from the rally site. I may try to make it this year, if work doesn't interfere.

I am only about 2 hours ride away from the rally site. I may try to make it this year, if work doesn't interfere.

What, you haven't figured out how to call in sick yet?
Tell them you are having a vision problem, you can't see dragging your A$$ in! :D

Works much better when there is a sick child, then you don't have to fake signs of your near death.

What, you haven't figured out how to call in sick yet?
Tell them you are having a vision problem, you can't see dragging your A$$ in! :D

I like the idea, but it would probably be better to take a vacaton day. It would be my luck for a local tv news station to do a story on the rally and catch me on video for my 15 mutes of fame.:)

subagon;842794 The URL I had for the website was wrong. Goolge "Georgia Mountain Rally" and you get www.bmwmoga".INFO". Wrong!. It's [url said:
www.bmwmoga.ORG[/url], not ".info". Even this post on BMWMOA has the wrong URL.

.info, .org, and .com all work.

Rally is always the first weekend with a May date in it. The following weekend is always Mothers Day.

We'll probably hold the rally, but like many other clubs, we're having some volunteer burnout.

Ian

Ian,
I have been for several years in a row. Your club puts on an awesome show.
I sensed the burnout last year. A couple of suggestions:
1) do less. I would still come. Skip Saturday night meal, just provide a fire.
2) skip the silent auction, just ask each vendor to give away stuff, ticket drop at their booth. They run it, not you. Plus gets folks to their booth.
3) raise the price $10 and hire some kids to do some of the grunt work. I would still come.

In watching members, I think they were almost too good and now can't sustain the energy.

Best of luck to bmwoga, it'll be fun no matter what. We come to these things for the ride and the camaraderie.

Hope it comes together for this year.

Lynn

Gmr

Ian,
I have been for several years in a row. Your club puts on an awesome show.
I sensed the burnout last year. A couple of suggestions:
1) do less. I would still come. Skip Saturday night meal, just provide a fire.
2) skip the silent auction, just ask each vendor to give away stuff, ticket drop at their booth. They run it, not you. Plus gets folks to their booth.
3) raise the price $10 and hire some kids to do some of the grunt work. I would still come.

In watching members, I think they were almost too good and now can't sustain the energy.

Best of luck to bmwoga, it'll be fun no matter what. We come to these things for the ride and the camaraderie.

Hope it comes together for this year.

Lynn

+1 I will come for the camraderie, location, and access to the great local roads in GA & TN.

Glad

I had heard there would be no GMR due to 'no younger membership' helping the older membership with the event. Happy to hear that it's worked out!

Back