• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Early NYE resolution

SeabeckS

Decision is made! Ta Da!:whistle

One more year of riding (at least) until I hang up my spurs permanently after 50 years of two wheeling.

Whew, that's a load off my mind! LOL

Cheers! :dance:dance:dance

NY Resolution

Hey Seabecks. You are too old to keep riding. Stop while you are ahead. I will take that dowdy used R1100s off your hands. I am just down the road in Portland.

Bob Ross

Resolution = to ride more -

For years riding beemers I averaged 10,000 miles per year then I moved away from BMW's. Motivation wise it got to where I hated wrestling the Gold Wing out of the garage, and the DR just sat.

But the Wing has been sold, the DR is on the block, and I've just bought another BMW so I'll see how it changes my perspective (and level of motivation).

Last edited:
is it time?

Egad. I just realized I've ridden for 53 years this year. I started riding a 150cc Lambretta scooter at 12, Triumph 500 and 650 at 14. Does that mean I gotta begin thinking of hanging up the riding gloves? Ain't gonna happen soon. In my local there are lots of ridders 10 years older and a few 20 years older than me now. I did trade "down" to a R1100R to have a bit smaller and lighter bike and just bought an F650GS for something to dual sport on. When they get to be too big to roll out of the garage a Burgman.... then a 250 cc Ruckus and I've kept my '76 CT90 for the very end. May have to get an electric start for it though.:bikes

New knee

I was having to get cortisone and steroids shot into my knees any time I was going to take an extended ride. I got my left knee replaced in October and will get the right one replaced in October 2014. I have been on motorcycles since I was 12 and will ride until I die.

I was having to get cortisone and steroids shot into my knees any time I was going to take an extended ride. I got my left knee replaced in October and will get the right one replaced in October 2014. I have been on motorcycles since I was 12 and will ride until I die.

Keep riding. I have been riding since 1956. Learned on a 1947 Indian Scout.

I also have health problems, Joint replacement so far both knees & a hip.

Knees in February of 08, rode to rally in Gillette, WY in July. 4200 +mile in 2 weeks.
Left hip in spring of 2010. Do to other health problems NO long trip in 2011, 2012,& 2013. Looking to go to
to rally in St Paul,2014.

Keep riding. I have been riding since 1956. Learned on a 1947 Indian Scout.

I also have health problems, Joint replacement so far both knees & a hip.

Knees in February of 08, rode to rally in Gillette, WY in July. 4200 +mile in 2 weeks.
Left hip in spring of 2010. Do to other health problems NO long trip in 2011, 2012,& 2013. Looking to go to
to rally in St Paul,2014.

Thank goodness I don't have many joint problems... But after nine heart surgeries I'm left with a half dollar size scar on the left anterior of the old ticker. Combine that with an auto-immune thyroid situation, I just don't have much stamina for long distance rides anymore. Used to love to crank off 600+ mile days, and that became sort of the norm. But I'll keep riding the S awhile longer and just hang out closer to home.

FWIW, I did a three day tour with some old buddies a few years back, they were all riding cruisers. To them, 250 miles was a big day. And riding for more than a hour at a stretch was sort of a challenge for them. LOL

But there are lots of fine roads here in The Everwet State, I hear there are some worthwhile roads up in BC as well!

Cheers! :dance:dance

Back