• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bmw commercials

maybe it's their "basecamp" or they have a chase vehicle that is carrying all their stuff?

Yeah third one didn't make a lot of sense.:scratch

NEW BMW Motorrad TV commercials

Tonight, March 1, 2013 BMW Motorrrad USA kicks off a 4 month TV commercial campaign called Feed Your Restless in the US market. There are 4 different commercials. The 4th combines the 3 other commercials but will be "tagged" to a dealer by TV market.

Tonight's commercials will be on ESPN, Velocity, Discovery, History Channel and H2.

You can see all 4 commercials on the BMW Motorrad USA website here: http://www.feedyourrestless.com/

Surprised I hadn't seen it here yet.

I guess maybe they advertised in the past--I'm just coming up on five years of riding so wouldn't have noticed before that. This was a nice, muddy GS commercial.

For a model that isn't always offered in the US, they seem to spend a good deal of time on the RS models....

While not nearly as bad as HD advertising, this flavor of marketing still makes me a little embarrassed. Why do advertisers want to define a lifestyle, rather than just push a product?

"Hey, look at these cool motorcycles!" would be a lot more effective on me than "We know you're a rugged individual with a sense of adventure and a lust for the open range!" Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

In the first commercial they show them all leaving a motel....not a-bit of luggage on any of them.

The third one says restless doesn't take a lunch break,...or a dinner break....but shows them all in a restaurant?

That's the point of the commercial. Instead of being usual lunch/dinner at home or the office lunch room, it's lunch/dinner out on the open road.

They need to dumb those commercials down for 'Mericans. Just throw a half naked babe on the bike and they'd sell them by the boat load :laugh

Sheesh!!!
And to think they actually paid money for those things.
The first one would make me NOT want a BMW. The narrative on all of them is ridiculous. I guess the gruff voice is meant to jump on the Harley tough guy image bandwagon.
I guess I'm just not restless. Nor reckless.
I ride to get there when I get there, not to get there faster. To me it's the journey. Sure, there has to be a destination, when I get there. No ride, except one, lasts forever.
dc

One of the very few ads I ever saw that I liked, about anything was the one from some years ago "Riding, or touring thru' Norway".
That was a good one.
And Marlice Van De Meer with the VW.

They would have a better ad with a father and son talk about the quality of a BMW motorcycle and then show both of them riding away. Maybe have Dad on something older, like a R90S and the son on something new, like a F or G series. Have an announcer state that quality never goes out of style and then show the Roundel at the end.

True, they could have done better.

The commercials can be seen on Youtube. Type in "Feed Your Restless" There are three different versions: GS1200, K1600, and S1000RR

Back