• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Prizes at the rally?

I had planned to make the rally , now it turns out that i cannot.

I bought in to the Superstakes and received my ticket number.
It stipulates that you do not have to be present to win.

Reading in the latest ON I see that some prizes are being awarded to attendees at the discretion of the donor , in other words you must be present to win ??

Can someone explain the change in procedure please ?:scratch

Some of the prize donors like to see smiling faces when their prize is given away. Hard to do if the winner is not in attendance.

I bought in to the Superstakes and received my ticket number.
It stipulates that you do not have to be present to win.

Reading in the latest ON I see that some prizes are being awarded to attendees at the discretion of the donor , in other words you must be present to win ??

I didn't realize they had changed the rules.

I just looked at the ON and the note above had to do with the regular door prizes, not the sweepstake.

Last edited:
Nothing Changed

The rules have not changed!!! All SuperStakes prizes are given to the first ticket drawn. You do not need to be present to win. The drawings will be web cast live Friday beginning at 4:30pm CST.

The rally grand prizes drawn at the Saturday Closing Ceremonies are "must be present to win" and "need not be present to win" as decided by the company donating the prize. The Grand Prize BMW given by the MOA is always given to the first ticket drawn, present or not.

Thank you for the clarification, I understand the prize donor wanting the additional recognition and do not fault them for that.

It just seemed a bit out of order the way it was presented.

Believe me, if I am lucky and win anything I will be all over the donor/manufacturer with thanks and gratitude publicly at as many venue's as possible.

Back