• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW airhead, exhaust nut wrench in NOVA?

H

habdala

Does anyone has a BMW airhead exhaust nut wrench that I can borrow for tomorrow in Northern Virginia? I will return on Sunday.

Thank you!

Last edited:
If you still need one

I've one you can have. No longer own an airhead. Still have the wrench. Reducing clutter in preparation for retirement.

I'm in the Woodbridge area and have one as well you could borrow, thou buying the one mentioned might be a good idea, even though you don't need it very often its handy to have. Don't force the nuts, you can easily strip the threads! If they have been on for a while they can "freeze" onto the heads. Penetrating oil and heating them a bit can help. Worse case you have to cut them with a dremel tool. The collar being steel and the heads being aluminum, guess which will strip first? And that is an expensive repair!

There is also the local BMW club BMWBMW and we have tech sessions about 6 times a year, one is coming up on Dec. 13 and there is a small local vintage club, DC_BMW on yahoo, both have lots of knowledgeable folks more than willing to help.

RM

I've one you can have. No longer own an airhead. Still have the wrench. Reducing clutter in preparation for retirement.

I will take you up on that, I will send you a PM.

Thank you and Happy Thanks Giving!

H

I'm in the Woodbridge area and have one as well you could borrow, thou buying the one mentioned might be a good idea, even though you don't need it very often its handy to have. Don't force the nuts, you can easily strip the threads! If they have been on for a while they can "freeze" onto the heads. Penetrating oil and heating them a bit can help. Worse case you have to cut them with a dremel tool. The collar being steel and the heads being aluminum, guess which will strip first? And that is an expensive repair!

There is also the local BMW club BMWBMW and we have tech sessions about 6 times a year, one is coming up on Dec. 13 and there is a small local vintage club, DC_BMW on yahoo, both have lots of knowledgeable folks more than willing to help.

RM

If you could send me more info on the tech sessions will be great.

Thnx.

If you could send me more info on the tech sessions will be great.

Thnx.

Just go here...

www.bmwbmw.org/forums

then look in tech section.
"The next Tech Day will be on 13 December and take place at Battley's in Rockville, after the General Membership meeting. The gathering point for the Tech Day is all the way around the back of the building."
Since its right after the general membership meeting you could join then as well.

Don't need to be a member to register for the forum but I encourage you to. Lots of great folks and always willing to lend a hand and we have breakfast rides most Sundays for the different regions (Va, MD, and Pa. Both are great ways to meet local folks.

RM

Back