• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 International Rally

Motorcycle shipping to or from the 2012 Rally

I may not have time to ride both ways, does anyone know of a good way of getting a motorcycle shipped from the greater rally area to Portland, OR.

Thanks, Ric

Ric... consider fly & rent, ride the Ozarks, rally & return bike, fly home.
Could be same money & time?

Or buy the R/T flight from MKC/STL & leave the bike a few weeks/month with somebody, till you have time to ride home.

Last edited:
Will there be electricity available in the general camping areas? I know special needs and RV camping will have it available.

looking at the map/layout, plenty of buildings border/near general camping; likely to have outlet outside. many camp in stables/barns for the elect availability. enough cord... u git juice!

looking at the map/layout, plenty of buildings border/near general camping; likely to have outlet outside. many camp in stables/barns for the elect availability. enough cord... u git juice!

Can we get an official camping policy of camping in or next to the barns?

The policy is pretty simple. If the barn is closed, NO camping permitted. If an area is marked "No Camping" then no camping is permitted. Areas near and around the vendor buildings are No Camping areas. Look at the rally map in front of the rally program. Approved camping areas are clearly marked. If it's not marked "Camping" don't camp there. The rally map is also in the July issue of the Owners News and on the MOA website home page.

See you in Sedalia.

The policy is pretty simple. If the barn is closed, NO camping permitted. If an area is marked "No Camping" then no camping is permitted. Areas near and around the vendor buildings are No Camping areas. Look at the rally map in front of the rally program. Approved camping areas are clearly marked. If it's not marked "Camping" don't camp there. The rally map is also in the July issue of the Owners News and on the MOA website home page.

See you in Sedalia.

Here is the map-

RallySiteMap_2012-616x376.jpg

The print is a wee small....you can use your control key and the plus sign key to bring it up a bit.....minus key to reverse the process.
HTH OM

I can't find any info on rv's.
I got two option depending on work schedule so if more time allowed we will ride to the rally (2 day ride) but in worst case scenario I may bring camper with bikes and get to the rally in one day.
Big question is if campers are allowed and can i get electric hook up?

superstakes ticket and registration

Okay, bought a Superstakes ticket which supposedly gets me into the rally. The instructions say, register for the rally AFTER purchasing the superstakes ticket.

But when I do, they try to charge me another $35 for registering?

What's up with that?

Rick

Rick -

When I did it quite some time ago, I was concerned when going to the next step for rally registration. In the end, I was charged $0 for the rally.

Rick, you will not be charged an additional fee for the rally if you have purchased a Superstakes ticket. I haven't checked in several months online but if you have problems with the online process please call the office. They will be glad to help.

Stan Herman
MOA Director

Not yet

Anyone know which camping area the Airhead central tent will be set up?

Things are still being worked out. The space available is contingent on quite a few things, but the main ones are the estimated number of riders for each of the Chartered Clubs and whether or not the Club is having a large tent erected. I expect things will be firmed up after the holiday.

Jerry

After registered for rally do we get ticket info and registered info in the mail?
Do we need tickets with us for the drawings and at the entrance? Have not recieved anything yet.

Still waiting:

Me too, no regis.confirm/sweepstake confirm. I did call however, MOA office this AM and its under way, data entry. Its getting close,SO hope my USMail works efficiently! Very helpful, nice chat at MOA HQ for me. Randy:thumb

I just ordered my sweepstake ticket today and preregistered for myself and the two confirmation emails were instant.
Sounds like I still get something in the mail for the sweepstake.
I don't like to gamble and have never spent $100 on a sweepstake, but decided to give it a shot.

Lee

You could look at it as a very valuable donation to the MOA Foundation to promote motorcycle safety and possibly save a life. But you are still allowed to hope you win! :thumb

Thanks for the info, will wait and see if I receive the registration confirmation. Printed the superstakes confirmation just in case. :)

Back