• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW Motorcycle Sales Up 7.4% in 2011

Yea I know some strong dealers also but 2-4 hours away.....
BMW would do better if they wouldn't drive them under.

Last edited:
I actually know a number of strong dealers.

We can gripe about the number, but the fact is that BMW sales are up while competitors sales are down. The company and the dealers are doing something right.

They are going for the high end. I hear that Harley sales are also up. I can also picture the typical Harley and BMW customer as coming from the same age and income bracket, but with different tastes.

But, luxury brands often do well in poor economic times. Many of the great cars from the pre-WWII period were the luxury brands from the 30's.......like Cord and Duesenberg.

both 2011. i didn't do it on purpose. it just happened. actually, i'm pretty happy about it.
i put a 64 gig chip in the r bike's nav 4, so the stones and doors sing to the schuberth. after spending a lot of time on a naked harley, i find myself very comfortable on the R model in spite of the tiny windshield. one of the few benefits of being a midget, i guess.

P1090008.jpg

Ok, since you have both, comparison please ! I have an 07 RR and there is a 2012 RT that winks at me every time I am in the dealership ...:dunno

I actually know a number of strong dealers.

We can gripe about the number, but the fact is that BMW sales are up while competitors sales are down. The company and the dealers are doing something right.

Paul,

In the bitter irony category, a local modular housing manufacturer in Muncy PA (a 'burg near Bloomsburg) just announced that they're laying off their staff. It seems that banks aren't willing to make loans for that segment of the housing market.

It makes you think.

Jon

Paul,

In the bitter irony category, a local modular housing manufacturer in Muncy PA (a 'burg near Bloomsburg) just announced that they're laying off their staff. It seems that banks aren't willing to make loans for that segment of the housing market.

It makes you think.

Jon

Banks have a problem with doublewide mobile homes that are sold as modulars. The banks won't finance something they consider a mobile home on a lot with a conventional mortgage. They insist that it be financed as a mobile home at a higher interest rate and shorter terms with the lot financed separately. It doesn't matter if it is new or used. Selling a doublewide mobile home on a lot is nearly impossible because the buyers can't get financing.

Banks have a problem with doublewide mobile homes that are sold as modulars. The banks won't finance something they consider a mobile home on a lot with a conventional mortgage. They insist that it be financed as a mobile home at a higher interest rate and shorter terms with the lot financed separately. It doesn't matter if it is new or used. Selling a doublewide mobile home on a lot is nearly impossible because the buyers can't get financing.

But, modulars do serve a large part of the housing market, especially in rural areas.

But, modulars do serve a large part of the housing market, especially in rural areas.

Terminology counts. "Modular" homes are built to current ICBO (International Conference of Building Officials standards, including the plumbing code, electrical code, building code,and fire code. "Double wide "mobile homes" are constructed to a different standard, adopted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in 1976. Mobile homes have a chassis, even after (if) the wheels are removed. Modular homes have no chassis and are transported by truck and set on a conventional foundation. In most states modular homes set on a foundation are taxed as real estate. In most states mobile homes constructed to the HUD standard are taxed as personal property.

Neither will fit on any BMW motorcycle I am aware of.

Terminology counts. "Modular" homes are built to current ICBO (International Conference of Building Officials standards, including the plumbing code, electrical code, building code,and fire code. "Double wide "mobile homes" are constructed to a different standard, adopted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in 1976. Mobile homes have a chassis, even after (if) the wheels are removed. Modular homes have no chassis and are transported by truck and set on a conventional foundation. In most states modular homes set on a foundation are taxed as real estate. In most states mobile homes constructed to the HUD standard are taxed as personal property.

Neither will fit on any BMW motorcycle I am aware of.

I have seen some big boy toy trailers (which I have sometimes referred to as Harley Tour paks) which are nearly as large as a mobile home.

Back