• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW Motorcycle Sales Up 7.4% in 2011

pglaves

and the top selling model in the U.S. was the S1000RR!!

"BMW Motorrad USA Reports Continued Growth for 2011

BMW S 1000 RR Superbike Remains Best-Selling Model

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 13, 2012…On the heels of BMW Motorrad reporting record global sales in 2011, BMW Motorrad USA posted a 7.4 percent growth in sales in 2011, nearly double the gain posted the previous year. Sales were fueled by continued demand for BMW Motorrad USA’s best selling model, the S 1000 RR Superbike, as well as for the popular core models R 1200 RT, R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure and the all-new six-cylinder K 1600 GTL and K 1600 GT.

The company credits their sales performance to improved market conditions, a broad, continually enhanced model lineup and a strong dealer network.

“BMW had successfully weathered the downturn in the motorcycle market in recent years,” commented Mac McMath, National Sales Manager, BMW Motorrad USA. “Now, with market conditions improving and the arrival of new and updated models, we are poised for continued success in 2012.”

For model year 2012, BMW Motorrad USA is offering the all-new dual-sport G 650 GS Sert?úo, model updates for the F 800 R naked bike and S 1000 RR superbike, the K 1300 S and K 1300 S HP Limited Edition and the Special Edition R 1200 GS Rallye. All of these models are currently available at BMW retailers nationwide.

and the top selling model in the U.S. was the S1000RR!!

"BMW Motorrad USA Reports Continued Growth for 2011

BMW S 1000 RR Superbike Remains Best-Selling Model "snip"

No mention of the 3asy payment plan though. I predict a glut of these bikes on the dealer sales floor when the balloon payment is due.:D

So I guess that settles it, BMW has definitely lost their way and has lost touch with the market place...

So I guess that settles it, BMW has definitely lost their way and has lost touch with the market place...

Even stranger than that, It would appear one of the worldÔÇÖs fastest motorcycles is being purchased at a model leading pace by what looks to be a geriatric population, if we look at MOA membership stats......We are all doomed. There must be a booming market for leathers with a, how should we say it, ÔÇ£relaxed fitÔÇØ :rolleyes

For model year 2012, BMW Motorrad USA is offering the all-new dual-sport G 650 GS Sert?úo, and the Special Edition R 1200 GS Rallye. All of these models are currently available at BMW retailers nationwide.
I saw both of these new bikes last night. Very nice :thumb

both 2011. i didn't do it on purpose. it just happened. actually, i'm pretty happy about it.
i put a 64 gig chip in the r bike's nav 4, so the stones and doors sing to the schuberth. after spending a lot of time on a naked harley, i find myself very comfortable on the R model in spite of the tiny windshield. one of the few benefits of being a midget, i guess.

P1090008.jpg

Even stranger than that, It would appear one of the worldÔÇÖs fastest motorcycles is being purchased at a model leading pace by what looks to be a geriatric population, if we look at MOA membership stats......We are all doomed. There must be a booming market for leathers with a, how should we say it, ÔÇ£relaxed fitÔÇØ :rolleyes

I don't think so. I suspect they are being bought by younger riders who at least for now want to run with their Kawasaki and Suzuki friends, and are not soon going to join the MOA's old men and women camping in the mud. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

I don't think so. I suspect they are being bought by younger riders who at least for now want to run with their Kawasaki and Suzuki friends, and are not soon going to join the MOA's old men and women camping in the mud. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
Agreed ..saw only a handful of the S1000RR's at the July's MOA Rally..

I was surprised at how many I saw at the last track day I attended. These were tricked for the track, one was ALL carbon, I mean every body panel, etc. And....the guy was in the A group riding very well, and I would guess in his late 20's, his pit mates were on Gixers and R1s. When I have been at my dealer and 'youngsters' have been eyeing the RR, they sort of seem a little self concious about all us geezers around, like it might be contagious.....:laugh

I was surprised at how many I saw at the last track day I attended. These were tricked for the track, one was ALL carbon, I mean every body panel, etc. And....the guy was in the A group riding very well, and I would guess in his late 20's, his pit mates were on Gixers and R1s. When I have been at my dealer and 'youngsters' have been eyeing the RR, they sort of seem a little self concious about all us geezers around, like it might be contagious.....:laugh

They can just but hope that old age is contagious and that they eventually catch it. :)

I did not know Cutter was so young:laugh

He's not, and I know one or two others of us old guys that bought one too. But Cutter didn't buy enough to make it BMWs leading US seller.

I know that. Just have'n fun with a couple of sorta "factoids" and making a silly conclusion from them. It's just the internet.:laugh

Not many "hothead" runners posting here, I'd suggest.

There are 96 threads about K1600

There are 47 threads about S1000RR

Which has been around longer?

Is the conclusion that the MOA Forum is not doing well attracting owners of this past year's best selling BMW?

Does this affect how much BMW should care about opinions posted here?

Is an S1000RR less "ugly" than a GS?

Not many "hothead" runners posting here, I'd suggest.

There are 96 threads about K1600

There are 47 threads about S1000RR

Which has been around longer?

Is the conclusion that the MOA Forum is not doing well attracting owners of this past year's best selling BMW?

Does this affect how much BMW should care about opinions posted here?

Is an S1000RR less "ugly" than a GS?

I don't think it's about brand but about the type. I doubt a Corvette owner visits a Silverado forum or a Mustang owner visits a F-150 forum very often.

"The company credits their sales performance to improved market conditions, a broad, continually enhanced model lineup and a strong dealer network."

What dealer network?:scratch

"The company credits their sales performance to improved market conditions, a broad, continually enhanced model lineup and a strong dealer network."

What dealer network?:scratch

I actually know a number of strong dealers.

We can gripe about the number, but the fact is that BMW sales are up while competitors sales are down. The company and the dealers are doing something right.

Back