• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Interesting Back of the Dragon Photos from the air

Rode through there last year on way from MA to GA. Ceres, VA, Tazewell, Burkes Garden, Rt 16 down to Mouth of Wilson and Boone, NC. Cannot recommend the area highly enough. Just beautiful.

Rode through there last year on way from MA to GA. Ceres, VA, Tazewell, Burkes Garden, Rt 16 down to Mouth of Wilson and Boone, NC. Cannot recommend the area highly enough. Just beautiful.

I don't understand why more motorcycle riders don't retire to the mountains. I grew up here, moved away and moved back to retire. The cost of living is low, the people are friendly and life is not rushed. I don't miss the excitement of the city but I guess many people would.

i agree. I rode through the Back of the Dragon last summer on my way down from Canada. Afterward, I went on to KY, TN, GA, SC, NC. I liked the Marion / Tazewell area so much that I altered my return trip in order to see that area again. Loved it!

QUOTE=SBAIINE;872368]Rode through there last year on way from MA to GA. Ceres, VA, Tazewell, Burkes Garden, Rt 16 down to Mouth of Wilson and Boone, NC. Cannot recommend the area highly enough. Just beautiful.

[/QUOTE]

I understand the "having a good & high paying job" part of not living & working in the Appalachian mountains as we gave up $$$ & security to be able to live in a place that's beautiful what with waterfalls,cliffs & deep woods and relatively low crime but I'd do it all again! While I could have taken my education and chased after far more elevated positions elsewhere it's a great place to call home.
I have "suffer through" over 100 miles of twisties just to get to Ken's area...:banghead

Back