• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Northern Illiniois Tech Day!

I hope I didnt start something here. By cheese heads I was just saying north of the boarder! I have never watched a whole football game ever. I have been asked to cook a few pigs for football partys. I hate the packers and most sports. I have had some really good times in soldiers field, rosemont ,uic & uptown. did I mention I hate the packers and football! I hpe to see ya all sat.

I plan to do a same thing in the same time but my plan change due to work schedule.
I can do most of what you asking for but i like to work on a K bikes. :whistle

Valves and belt on a R bike is a piece of cake.

Good luck on the event.

....y2k.

Hi everyone! I would like to invite all those in the area to my house for a tech day Saturday, October 9. I live in Woodstock, IL and will be happy to even throw down some BBQ and drinks. This is open to Airheads and Oilheads as I have one of each. I will be working on the Oilhead myself, but if anyone wants to work on the Airhead... COOL! It is a '76 R90/6 that is taken down to frame as I am in the process of converting it to a cafe racer, complete with a Ducati super-sport fairing.

The Tech Stuff (I am NOT a mechanic but try to do all I can on my bike)
- I need to do all of the "Every 12K mile" stuff to my '00 R1100RT as well as replace the alternator belt.
- I have never done a valve adjustment myself so anyone with history on that would be great.
- Haynes manual in one hand, tools in another... Let's go at it!

For those who would like to work on their own bikes, I have 2 garage stalls, plus I will put up 2 - 10 x 10 tents in the driveway.

I would like to get a heads up on those attending so that I can plan for enough food.

Please respond here, PM me, or email me douglasrost@gmail.com

Thanks everyone in advance, I hope this will be a lot of fun.

Saturday

1038045998_XXZFq-Th.jpg

10/9/2010
Hi: 79??
Sunny...warm. Highs around 80. Light and variable winds in the morning becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Lo: 56??
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s.

Saturday

1038045998_XXZFq-Th.jpg

10/9/2010
Sunny...warm. Highs around 80. Light and variable winds in the morning becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

PLUS.....

- Smoked Brisket
- Bratwurst
- Coleslaw
- Potato salad
- Chips
- Chocolate almond cake
:eat:eat:eat

Life is Goooooooood :clap

Saturday

1038045998_XXZFq-Th.jpg

10/9/2010

Weather looks great, now all I have to do is make it home from Houston, TX by 10AM. :bolt

Pics!

Thanks Doug for hosting and arranging the fantastic weather.
Great day, great house!

Here are some pics:

1040446553_dvqoK-XL.jpg

Arrived and Doug's bike is already in pieces.

1040448030_U2Yat-XL.jpg

Nice area to work although Doug was the only one working!

1040449121_QiqWP-XL.jpg

Doug's project bike upstairs in his shop. Did I mention his shop? What a shop!

1040449436_WnN8f-XL.jpg

1040448791_AZ3rh-XL.jpg

Project bike engine on the stand in the garage. Even the engine stand was cool.

1040451203_XFpMY-XL.jpg

Ben let his Dad (Mike) give him a ride down to the Tech Day.

1040452135_6haLn-XL.jpg

Ben's footpeg's.

1040451823_2cfLz-XL.jpg

1040452718_ebmmU-XL.jpg

Fred grilling up duck wrapped in bacon with Dave supervising. Dave's son shot the duck(s). Tasty!

1040453059_TV8t4-XL.jpg

1040453405_g88UE-XL.jpg

1040454533_6Wt3W-XL.jpg

Did I mention the bratwurst?

1040455715_jft4z-XL.jpg

Did I mention the brisket?! We might not have wrenched a whole lot but boy, did we eat good!

1040454956_rLdCK-XL.jpg

Kevin's bike.

1040455329_48c4Q-XL.jpg

1040456032_FNAVf-XL.jpg

Doug going for TDC with Tim in background spinning it.

1040456380_WNfxB-XL.jpg

Some of the attendees: Tim, our host Doug, Fred the grill master and Tim the pilot.

Thanks again Doug, it was a blast!

Last edited:
Great Day!

Well, the weather was GREAT! The company was GREAT! The food was GREAT! and the ride getting there was GREAT! To top it off I got to learn something.

Thanks DERost for being such a great host!:clap

Thanks for a nice time & excellent food. picture of Ben on the way down

Attachments

• oct 2010 021.jpg
    oct 2010 021.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 58
Back