• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Not earthshaking importance...

... Why can't you get bright colors on BMWs, rather than the somber colors now offered?

I'd rather be more visible, not less. Gray, black, etc. just don't trip my trigger.

I feel the same way about cars. No matter which make/model I am looking to buy, it only comes in dull, go-to-sleep colors. Don't know about you, but I take it personally.

Tend to agree. Some of those colors from the 70s would look pretty garish today but I'd sure like to see something on the road besides gray, white though white is very visible), and the periodic muted reds/dark blues. Black is stupid in the south- will roast your butt- but is still purchased by some for reasons that don't register with me.

I very much agree that the muted colors of BMWs are a potential contributor to not being seen- which is why I compensate with added lights front and rear, reflective materials, and bright clothing and helmet.

Mercedes has white in their lineup because years ago they concluded its the most visible in the widest range of conditions- they used to (and perhaps still?) sometimes call it safety white.

My version of red, I like sparkles!

I'm convinced the color department of bmw motorrad is a room with 50 shelves of various shades of gray and a small area in a dust filled corner with one small shelf holding the rest of the colors they use.

_MG_3560.jpg

_MG_3562.jpg

_MG_3568.jpg

_MG_3572.jpg

I am with you man... Still may paint mine red. Now which red should I pick?

Would love to paint mine bright yellow, sorta like the late 90s R1100S. Loved that model.

However, I have been warned by more than one dealer that painting a bike always causes concern about what the paint job might be hiding, such as previous body damage. Their advice: do not paint an otherwise good bike unless you want to be grilled, and perhaps not believed, about the bike's condition. Usually, they say, you lower a bike's value when you paint a good bike a non-original color.

My bike is white (K100RS) though it is usually decorated with a tasteful spattering of bugs and varying colors of road sludge thoughtfully slung up by vehicles ahead of me in the rain. I only wash it when I think the decorations are over done - so I can start the re-decoration process again.

Best looking in Marrakesh Red IMHO is the R1100S.

That would have quite some competition in the 89/90 "Ketchup and Mustard" K1, which I believe, was Marrakesh Red also.

Back then, BMW was chastized by the rest of the motorcycle world for having and outrageous paint scheme. That's probably why they retreated to more conservative shades.

Attachments

• 90K1DSC_0001.jpg
    90K1DSC_0001.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 232
:browNo red RT for 7 model years? Bland is right! There better be some good colors available on the 2014RT radiator bike or I will refuse to be a guinea pig.:brow

My bike is white (K100RS) though it is usually decorated with a tasteful spattering of bugs and varying colors of road sludge thoughtfully slung up by vehicles ahead of me in the rain. I only wash it when I think the decorations are over done - so I can start the re-decoration process agai

I love white on the R100RS. Not sure why that combination resonates with me, but it really grabs my attention.

Well, it was a dark and foggy morning and I was the victim of a hit-and-run which totaled my RT and put me in the hospital. So I call the color "fog grey" even though BMW calls it "Fluid Grey". Whether I would have been hit had I been riding my yellow Goldwing is a question I'll never be able to answer. My new-to-me GTL is midnight blue, looks black most of the time. Lights and reflective tape for me unless I decide to repaint it.

They really need more visible colors.

Back