• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

R100rs

Here is my '83 RS taken at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs....

Attachments

• gog.jpg
    gog.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 711
Fine piece

This little beauty was spotted at the Sipapu BMW Ralley near Taos, NM

Attachments

• fine piece.jpg
    fine piece.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 668
1983 R100 Before

Found this old pic of my '83 R100 (with cargo trailer/hitch and '76 R90/6) from the day I brought them all home. Neither had been touched in over 9 years. I didn't know a diode board from a donut.

Attachments

• 83-R100-Before.jpg
    83-R100-Before.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 626
1983 R100RT After

While I had nooooo clue what to do with a motorcycle, I was fresh out of the Harley Rider's Edge class with my shining new license. Thus began my foray into the Airhead community and the benign affliction I have today.

Attachments

• 83-R100RT-After.jpg
    83-R100RT-After.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,078
78 r100rt

1040338076_Y9cWL-XL.jpg

1040337870_XP9pK-XL.jpg

1040336876_DS3ph-L.jpg

1107210260_Nc5u5-L.jpg

1107211589_k7hWG-L.jpg

Titled as a 78 R100RT, lots of 70's and 80's parts, K Bike front end, Ducati SS Fairing, 748 Front Fender, 749 master cylinder joined to stock K75 front brake perch.
It's going to loose the rear wheel soon for black hub, stainless pokes and rim w/ a much larger tire

nice job, Dean. Form and Function attended to.

how much was involved in putting the K front end on? steering head issues, or is that a bolt on deal?

nice job, Dean. Form and Function attended to.

how much was involved in putting the K front end on? steering head issues, or is that a bolt on deal?

Thanks, And I wish I could take credit for the whole build, but I have to give half the credit (a very heavy half) to an "ole" BMW Master and good friend of mine by the name of :bow James Mariner out of Barlow Ky.
Amazingly the K75 Fork clamps bolted right on like it was made for the old R frame.
No modification was needed.

Last edited:
The "Stadium" type mirrors are a nice period touch too! What brand are they?

Just curious... are you an eBay seller?

The "Stadium" type mirrors are a nice period touch too! What brand are they?

Just curious... are you an eBay seller?

Hi, Not sure if your question was aimed at me, but..yes I am an ebay seller.
Not sure what brand the mirrors are, probably a chinese knock-off

Sorry I wasn't more direct Dean. Yes, the question was directed (must watch our political correctness you know) at you.
09.gif

Thought I recognized your U/N; we've traded in the past. Welcome aboard!

Sorry I wasn't more direct Dean. Yes, the question was directed (must watch our political correctness you know) at you.
09.gif

Thought I recognized your U/N; we've traded in the past. Welcome aboard!

Thanks Lew..

1978 R100Rs

Just finished a redo of this RS. Bike runs good at speed, however idles rough, (still needs a bit of tweaking).

Attachments

• 1978 BMW R100RS Motorsport 1-24-11 001.jpg
    1978 BMW R100RS Motorsport 1-24-11 001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 880
GW.2007RT

Welcome to the forum and nice ride... my favorite color. Your bike is a hexhead and there is a picture thread there as well. I'm sure one of the mods will kindly move your post over there.

Be sure to visit the Hex Head sub-forum and checkout the Do It Yourself section. Lots of stuff there to demystify the R1200 series.

GW.2007RT

Welcome to the forum and nice ride... my favorite color. Your bike is a hexhead and there is a picture thread there as well. I'm sure one of the mods will kindly move your post over there.

Be sure to visit the Hex Head sub-forum and checkout the Do It Yourself section. Lots of stuff there to demystify the R1200 series.

Thanks Kevin, thought i was in the right forum at the time. Too much looking around

73 swb r75

Some beautiful 78's posted recently. VERY nice.

Here's mine. Leaking FD and all.

Attachments

• IMAG0254 copy 2.jpg
    IMAG0254 copy 2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 796
East Williamsburg Brooklyn NY

Lorimer street stop on the J train

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 759
Back