• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What do you use for a key fob?

Piece of leather with velcro sewn on to close it. Spilt O-ring through metal grommet in leather.

Attachments

• Key fob.jpg
    Key fob.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 657
The metal fob will scratch up the area around your ignition switch.
Try to find something that won't scratch.

I agree. Find something leather, I got this from Vanson years ago.

Attachments

• Key Fob.jpg
    Key Fob.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 644
At Paonia last weekend, I just happened to look down as I was walking back from registering, and there on the ground was the key to my RT! I have a distinctive fob...I didn't even know it was gone from my pocket!

I think I will get a lanyard so I can slip the key around my neck when I park the thing....
Sheeesh.

Nice thread! :thumb

I use a cheap leather thing attached to a 1 1/2" split O-ring. The leather used to have a BMW roundel glued on it that fell off on some highway a few years ago. I got it in 2004 when I bought a used 2003 R1150R, and the owner said keep the ring. On the O-ring I have two other keys. One is for my Micatech Pilot cases, and the other is for a Master lock for when I lock my bike with a cable.

I've never thought of replacing it. Its either in my left front pocket, my bathroom counter at home, or a bed stand in a hotel room when I'm on the road.

BTW, my spare key is on a plain split O-ring along with the spare for the panniers and the Master lock.

I don't want extra junk in my pocket or flapping around the switch. I just put a ty-wrap through it to make it easier to grab. Color-matched, of course.

I too use one of those. It serves as my last ditch reminder to remove the disc lock before moving.

(.....last ditch reminder after the large "Remove Before Flight" banner attached to the disc lock and the bright orange coiled reminder streched between the handle bar and the disc lock.... if after all that I still accidently disable my motorcycle by trying to ride off with the disc lock on, I was probably not in any shape to have been riding the motorcycle in the first place.... :laugh)

Back