• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ex-Harley Guy

redcat43

redcat43
:D Greetings from Wisconsin! FNG just moved up to an adult bike after the last twenty years on Harleys. If anyone's going to be in Leland the first Sunday in May I'll be sporting my 07' R12RT this year.

:D Greetings from Wisconsin! FNG just moved up to an adult bike after the last twenty years on Harleys. If anyone's going to be in Leland the first Sunday in May I'll be sporting my 07' R12RT this year.

Welcome aboard redcat! You will find a lot of ex Harley owners here along with many current Harley owners. The R12Rt is one fine machine, post a pic for all of us to see.

Where in Wisconsin? My dad was from north central Wisconsin.

Welcome aboard! I got my first adult bike (from a street glide) in August. You won't regret your purchase but you will wonder why it took you so long.

Enjoy,

Joel

Welcome to the club! If you are in the SE part of the state you might want to check out the Wisconsin BMW club.

Wisconsin BMW Club

Thanks Kewlmoose. When and where does the Club meet. I'm just up the road near the Horicon Marsh.

Hey Redcat, I don't own a HD, but I sure like them. One is in my future.

But certainly, the R12RT is a more performing bike and you'll have fun.

HD riders tend to not rev the Boxer as much as they should. Keep your shifts in the 5k+ range (so each shift drops RPM down no lower than 4k RPM) and you'll be happier with the bike. I tend to cruise along at about 4k RPM.

Keep the final drive oil clean and changed, and you'll have a lot of fun on that bike.

Thanks Kewlmoose. When and where does the Club meet. I'm just up the road near the Horicon Marsh.

Welcome!

We meet in New Berlin the first Friday of the month. PM me and I'll send you the website info or you can use my friend Google.

There are a bunch of rides coming up shortly.

Welcome!

We meet in New Berlin the first Friday of the month. PM me and I'll send you the website info or you can use my friend Google.

There are a bunch of rides coming up shortly.

http://wiscbmwclub.com/

Club meets 1st Friday of the month. May's meeting starts with is a ride to a restaurant for a Fish Fry dinner :eat, with the club meeting held there after dinner.

Ain't no such thing as an ex-Harley Guy. Same as once a Marine always a Marine,never an EX Marine

Jack

You're probably right Jack. I'll never be a Harley hater, but after twenty years with H-D it was time for a change.

You're probably right Jack. I'll never be a Harley hater, but after twenty years with H-D it was time for a change.

I had my day in the sun on Harleys and enjoyed every minute of it. Just finally got bored and wanted to try something else a little queiter and smaller. I ran out of testosterone at 72.

Welcome aboard,
Jack

Ain't no such thing as an ex-Harley Guy. Same as once a Marine always a Marine,never an EX Marine
I had a 2004 FXDL (Dyna lowrider). Looked cool (was customized quite a bit), but man it handled like a brick. It didn't last long in my garage. I'm a "motorcycle guy". I don't tie myself to a manufacturer (unless they feel like sponsoring me) :)

Back