• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

71 in MO. today

beemerred

So I played hookie and went riding all day and it was glorious. Did a fun paced 200 miles today and I`m gonna watch Mizzou whup up (yes, that is the technical name) on K-State tonight. Life is Good! Can you top that? C Ya.

Last edited:
71 in Mizzu

Yes, I can top that. Relishing memories made yesterday on a ride up the Mississippi river road to a Mardi Gras Parade. Looking forward to the Lenten season, and it is 78 degrees out now.

You must be down in Louisiana. You`re right it is almost always nicer down there but that is why I appreciated today so much because up here it is not a "given" that we have great weather on Feb. 25. Hope you had a great Ash Wednesday!

I can dig it.

Only problem is, I'm going to a competition shoot this weekend in Springfield, and it's supposed to be like 30 degrees again.. and raining.

Ugh.

Super Day

no pics, but had a nice ride south of Joplin on my alter-BMW, Ural 650.

:wave Spring is in the air!

You are lucky

We are still digging out.

473056300_BF7WA-L.jpg

The streets are thinking about peeking through!

473048748_q9bih-L.jpg

It's been a long winter. Right around 60 inches of snow here with a high probability of getting plenty more yet, March is usually our snow month.

We are still digging out.

473056300_BF7WA-L.jpg

The streets are thinking about peeking through!

473048748_q9bih-L.jpg

It's been a long winter. Right around 60 inches of snow here with a high probability of getting plenty more yet, March is usually our snow month.

What is that white stuff? Ash from a volcano?

What is that white stuff? Ash from a volcano?

It sounds like the volcano is about to erupt again this evening.

You should come visit, don't you miss this stuff??

I think this is the reason ND has a high rate of binge drinking.....

Ash &

Well now I`m really glad I went Wed. because now they are saying we are going to get some "volcanic ash" Sat. So that means another long wait for the roads to get cleaned off again. About the binge drinking in ND. , I thought that was because you were so close to Canada! :bottle

I'm in Central Illinois. Yesterday we got into the low 50's. I just bought my wife a new Vstar 950. I rode it to work yesterday and then went riding in the afternoon after a dentist office checkup. No way taht tops the 70's, but at least I got to go riding.

It`s like the old bumper sticker, " A bad day fishing (riding, basketweaving. etc.) is better than a good day at work!" Hope you liked it and what did you think of the 950. I`ve heard some good things about it especially for the vertically challenged.

not as nice today..3-1-09 maybe ride this afternoon

27 but sunny... Maybe ride a little later. Yesterday we really dodged a bullet here in St Louis, I have heard some parts of MO got 12" of the white stuff..

However, if the roundball continues to go well for my alumni (Mizzou) and they beat the hated J-Hawks today... I will be one happy camper!!!:groovy

Jeff

The White Stuff & Basketball

You are quite correct. Out of my Sat. morning breakfast crowd, a couple of guys went down to Salem for some kind of Car Show and decided to leave early so as not to get stuck down there. That`ll show `em to leave those cars alone! And you are also correct about MIZZOU, they have become fun to watch especially when they actually have a chance of beating anybody! Although, this game doesn`t mean quite as much to me because a) we beat them once already and b) I`d rather beat them in the Big Dance because that`s when it will count for more. I think Coach Anderson could use that as ammunition when the time comes. I sure like his style of play ( 40 minutes of hell ), and I like that the fact that everyone knows who`s in charge out there. I think he commands the players respect and gets it from them. If I was a young college kid and thought I might be the tenth guy on the team somewhere I`d want to play at Mizzou because even the last man gets some time on the court and that means recognition, improvement, and possibly more playin` time. I will be at the TV with some adult beverages and rootin` them on no matter what happens. ENJOY!

Boy, did that suck or what? We gotta play both halves of the game to have a chance to win. It sure appeared that Kansas wanted that game a whole lot more than we did. Only Leo Lyons came to play today. I hope that they learned something from it because if they didn`t we won`t go very far in the Big Dance either! :banghead

Only problem is, I'm going to a competition shoot this weekend in Springfield, and it's supposed to be like 30 degrees again.. and raining.

Well, at least it wasn't raining.. it was snowing.

But, I ran into an MOA member at the shoot.

If you're out there, I didn't catch your name, but I'll see you on the road..

Boy, did that suck or what? We gotta play both halves of the game to have a chance to win. It sure appeared that Kansas wanted that game a whole lot more than we did. Only Leo Lyons came to play today. I hope that they learned something from it because if they didn`t we won`t go very far in the Big Dance either! :banghead

I think they were just a bit overwhelmed with being in Lawrence.. Pretty ugly.
Oh well, it's soooo much better than what we have had the last several years..

Looks like a good weekend to ride this weekend!!

Back