• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Okay, rdalland, what's up with the high centered bike?:lurk

No "good story to go with it". This happened in Yellowstone some time ago. I was making a U turn on a narrow dirt road and backed into a drainage ditch that was hidden by tall(ish) grass. Fortunately, a couple of hikers came by and helped me lift it out.

rxcrider, is that the same rider in 9915 & 9918?

having quite a day:laugh hope it wasn't you!

No response in over 10 days? Is the thread is dead or are all the photographers, amateur and otherwise, out on long term rides?

No response in over 10 days? Is the thread is dead or are all the photographers, amateur and otherwise, out on long term rides?

Summertime...and everyone is out riding!

#9883...hot air balloon near Lampe Park in Gardenerville, NV? Jobe's Peak in the background? Boy, do I miss Carson Valley. Especially those Basque dinner at the J-T or the French!

Thanks for posting! :drink

Yep. That was a Sunday morning snapshot I took leaving Gardnerville in Aug of 2000. Dinner the night before might have been at the J-T, not sure.

Yep. That was a Sunday morning snapshot I took leaving Gardnerville in Aug of 2000. Dinner the night before might have been at the J-T, not sure.

Our house was on Minden/G-ville boundary, right behind the phone company... Wasn't a bit unusual on weekend mornings watching balloonists maneuvering to miss the 90 foot tall poplars in our backyard. Those things do NOT turn on a dime!

Cheers!

rxcrider, is that the same rider in 9915 & 9918?

having quite a day:laugh hope it wasn't you!

Being late to the thread, I just saw your question. The post #s don't make sense in tapatalk, but the date does. Assuming it was the waterlogged photos in question, not me. Both photos were from April fools rides in Arkansas; '06 & '08.

I've had my share of water issues though. During the '08 ride, I was neck deep in a creek at one point, fishing my bike out of a hole I slid in to. No one took a picture. Here is a lesson in choosing the wrong line from the 2005 Hanging Rock dual sport.

RXC.jpg

Back