• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ansel Adams

He was a remarkable artist with his stunning black and white prints. Hanging in my garage is a 2013 calendar with 13 of his prints. My bookshelves also have several of books of his photographs, as well as a book explaining his "Zone System" for manipulating negatives to produce his the richness in black and white prints. In his later years when asked what his favourite camera was, his reply was whatever he could carry. I appreciated that answer as for years I carried my Blads, along with their heavy lenses but as time went on (and I became less strong), I now carry a single digital body with single zoom lens. :laugh

We were fortunate to have had an artist of his caliber. :thumb

He was a remarkable artist with his stunning black and white prints. Hanging in my garage is a 2013 calendar with 13 of his prints. My bookshelves also have several of books of his photographs, as well as a book explaining his "Zone System" for manipulating negatives to produce his the richness in black and white prints. In his later years when asked what his favourite camera was, his reply was whatever he could carry. I appreciated that answer as for years I carried my Blads, along with their heavy lenses but as time went on (and I became less strong), I now carry a single digital body with single zoom lens. :laugh

We were fortunate to have had an artist of his caliber. :thumb

+1 A GREAT ARTIST indeed.
RIDE SAFE

I have a 16 X 20 B & W winter scene of his hanging right here in my office. When I was involved with photography I often heard it said that he was the greatest dark room manipulator that ever lived. I treasure this photo, which was a gift from a friend.

Ansel Adams Masterworks

I hope to get to this exhibition when the riding season get underway.

The Berkshire Museum in Pittsfiels, MA presents the special photography exhibition Ansel Adams: Masterworks from February 9 to June 2, 2013. The exhibition features forty-eight works by Ansel Adams (1902 -1984), about two-thirds of a selection Adams made late in his life to serve as a succinct representation of his lifeÔÇÖs work. He himself felt these photographs were his best. The images are from the Collection of the Turtle Bay Exploration Park in Redding, CA.

Back