• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windshields, Aeroflow Touring Aeroscreen versus Cee Cee Bailey Enhanced

glenb

Windshields, Aeroflow Touring Aeroscreen versus Cee Cee Bailey Enhanced (& Madstad)

My wife is specifically interested in one of these two screens for her F650GS and I would be interested to hear from anyone with experience with one, or both of these;

1.) F800GS & F650GS Touring AeroScreen '09-'12

http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/F650_800_GS/F650GS_F800GS_Products.htm

2.) 2008 - 2012 F 650 GS & F 800 GS Twin Enhanced Windshield

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/bmw_f800gstwinenh_ws.htm

3.) Madstad (late addition to the list)

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.1118/.f

Last edited:
Looked at a lot of windscreen threads and the Madstadt is the one that consistantly comes up as best. We have a 20" CBailey on our F650GS twin, and it it nice but still plenty of wind noise at higher speeds. Not a lot of wind at lower speeds but that makes it hot in behind it sometimes when just riding around town.

I put a Madstad on my F800GT. I like it!

Thanks, can you please tell me the height of the windshield and your height?

This info would be very helpful.

Also, are the adjustments easy to make and does it seem like it will stay put and hold the adjustment setting w/o moving?

Windshield

Thanks, can you please tell me the height of the windshield and your height?

This info would be very helpful.

Also, are the adjustments easy to make and does it seem like it will stay put and hold the adjustment setting w/o moving?

I recently installed a Madstad 20' screen on my f700gs. I am 5"10" and it works well. i prefer it to Cee Baileys. The adjustment is easy.

UPDATE

After a lot of deliberation, she ordered the Cee Cee Bailey 18" Enhanced. The Madstad was a close second.

Since the bike already has the BMW Tour Windshield with the accessory bracket, the bracket fits the Cee Cee Bailey 18" Enhanced.

It should arrive in approx. 2 weeks, report to follow when it does.

Wow, a 20-foot windshield for a 5-inch rider... any problem reaching the pegs and bars? :D

CC Bailey Enhanced, 18"has been installed on the F650GS

CC Bailey 1 July 25, 2014.JPG

Attachments

• C Bailey 2 July 25, 2014.JPG
    C Bailey 2 July 25, 2014.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 106
So what is the verdict? I have the standard 20" on my F800 right now but that enhanced 18 looks interesting. Seems nice but actually find that i don't get air flow to the helmet and therefore ventalation on hot days. In the rain it was very nice.

PS we will be crossing back into Canada at Fort Erie sometime this AM.

So what is the verdict?

She is still trying to sort that out. The days we have had to test it out were windy.

She take her time to figure things out, and she is coming off a Victory Vision Tour so there is an acclimatization period.

Seems nice but actually find that i don't get air flow to the helmet and therefore ventalation on hot days.

I found that out when I took it out, I am 6' - 3" and I missed the airflow; however, I am used to a BMW Tour windshield on my 2013 F700GS. I wear a BMW System 6 Helmet and find the helmet/windshield combo works for me on my F700GS.

PS we will be crossing back into Canada at Fort Erie sometime this AM.

It is sunny here this morning but there is a chance of rain, I took yesterday as a vacation day and we were riding for part of the day, I may just hang around and do some detailing.

2014 F800GT - new screen

Just put a new V_Tech screen on my bike at the rally. Biggest one I could buy. I'm 5 ft 8 inches tall. What a difference. I'm so impressed. No wind buffeting and less bugs on my helmet....

My wife is specifically interested in one of these two screens for her F650GS and I would be interested to hear from anyone with experience with one, or both of these;

1.) F800GS & F650GS Touring AeroScreen '09-'12

http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/F650_800_GS/F650GS_F800GS_Products.htm

2.) 2008 - 2012 F 650 GS & F 800 GS Twin Enhanced Windshield

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/bmw_f800gstwinenh_ws.htm

3.) Madstad (late addition to the list)

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.1118/.f

I've had the Aeroflow touring on my F650GS for over 4 years now. I'm completely satisfied. I got the medium height and tweaked it a bit lower so I could easily see over it while the air flow was over my helmet(no buffeting). The vent hole keeps the back pressure down...best a interstate speeds and keeps back draft rain to a minimum. It is tough and durable. over 40K miles including trips to Alaska and Labrador.
I highly recommend it.

I have a 16" Vstream with a clamp-on MRA "variotouring screen" on my 2011 F650GS twin. The Vstream alone had buffeting at the forehead level (i am 5' 7"). With the MRA I can adjust that buffet out of the picture.

The adjust-ability of the MRA is a big plus for me. Something to consider since windshields are tough to fit.

Just installed a Madstad, that I purchase from a fellow from ADV, on my F800 and it is really nice. Quiet and protected. In fact I will not use the "wings" unless it is a particularly cold or wet day as there was a noticeable lack of wind (and hence cooling breeze) with them on. I have used a Cee Baileys 18 and 16 inch and also the laminar lip and none of them come close to the quiet of the madstadt. Will be selling the Cee Baileys as soon as I get them cleaned up.

Now to find one for my wife' F650

I have a Cee Baileys Enhanced on my F800GS and I like it. Provides fair wind protection and good rain protection. I'm 6'3" and got the tallest windshield. We do pavement and gravel. I also have a 06 R1200RT with a Cee Baileys Enhanced windshield. GS windshield is nothing like a touring windshield.
Wife had a Cee Baileys windshield on her G650GS. Provided good wind protection but was quickly broken when riding off road by a simple fall. So went with VStream and mirror extenders. Wife loves it and says it's better than Cee Baileys. We've been off roading too with a simple tip-over/fall and no problem with windshield. She rides bike every day - mostly pavement and she says it works great.

Back