• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Classic - A Way of Life

Notice the last frame/shot...........the country code on the web address is .la or Laos. I didn't expect that......

Notice the last frame/shot...........the country code on the web address is .la or Laos. I didn't expect that......

That's true, but I got the impression that the domain registration was chosen because the company is in LA (that is, Los Angeles), and it looked good to them. The Polynesian island country of Tuvalu makes a pretty good revenue stream on people who want a .tv top level domain name.

Sweet little video, that. Yeah totally SoCal there.

Way of Life, eh?

Wonder if those guys actually travel on their bikes or just trip around the local scene on their amazingly resto'd BMWs shooting sweet video sequences?
I know people in England and Europe who ride classic bikes (BritBikes) all over the place, going to rallies and whatnot all summer.
I mean bikes primarily from the 40s, 50s, & 60s. Some of my U.S. friends do this too- but it's mostly my Brit buddies and some of my EU friends who really seriously ride the daylights out of their old bikes. I know far fewer, if any people at all, who travel hard on their old BMWs. Tho after the RA Rally this summer, I was on the road coming north from NC myself -tho in a truck- and saw all manner of airhead BMWs heading north.

Completely enjoyable short vid however- and not meaning to take anything away from it at all. More making commentary on the whole "way of life" bit. There does seem to be a nearly endless stream of pointless videos, coming out of SoCal, all of which are quite similar to this one.

There does seem to be a nearly endless stream of pointless videos, coming out of SoCal, all of which are quite similar to this one.

10,000 views in under a week.

Gives the viewer a warm feeling about the BMW brand.

Hardly pointless.

10,000 views in under a week.

Gives the viewer a warm feeling about the BMW brand.

Hardly pointless.

OK, lots of people see it. No story line, no plot, no character building... a loosely imagined theme...
The point is riding bikes? I "get" it. BMWs? VINTAGE BMWs? I'm down with that.
There are plenty of well wrought shorty films almost exactly like this. Do I appreciate the "art" of this short film? Yes. Technically, I understand pretty well what it takes to imagine, shoot, edit, and produce a film of some quality.

I like this one. VERY thought provoking and deep.
(about 10 minutes so brace up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF4dBPNCkwg

For totally imaginative and well crafted short films with no point, I rather like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqpvriKZuA

Jus sayin.

For totally imaginative and well crafted short films with no point, I rather like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqpvriKZuA

Jus sayin.

Someone's grad school project that they spent *8 months* producing, a labor of love... along with the time and effort of many other people listed in the credits. The budget for that film, had it been a commercial project, would have 6 figures.

The film you don't like was shot in a weekend and it's point is very simple: BMW Classic is a (very enjoyable) way of life.

Geesh, you're just like my clients. Not everything has to be complex, deep and take 10 minutes to communicate.

Can nothing be simple?

Here, knock yourself out. :)

Ian

Someone's grad school project that they spent *8 months* producing, a labor of love... along with the time and effort of many other people listed in the credits. The budget for that film, had it been a commercial project, would have 6 figures.

The film you don't like was shot in a weekend and it's point is very simple: BMW Classic is a (very enjoyable) way of life.

Geesh, you're just like my clients. Not everything has to be complex, deep and take 10 minutes to communicate.

Can nothing be simple?

Here, knock yourself out. :)

Ian

:wave

I hear ya, Ian. I admit it- I'm a natural critic. It's not like I didn't like Way Of Life. I'm a bit over the whole hipster thing, tho for sure.

Cheers, man.

Tom

Back