• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where's the best burger joint you've run across?

Hey John,

The link you sent back my way seems to hit the post about burger joints. Here it is again (I think): http://thechurchoftheopenroad.blogspot.com/2012/12/best-burger-joint-anywhere.html

Sorry about you hooking into the occasional diatribe I post. [It has been noted by others that Internet Explorer (prior to IE 10) may not access the most current posts.]

- Dave (Jaxthedog)

Thanks Dave,
Man, I can see the Best Burger Joint Anywhere on your blog but can't find your choices. I am using the latest Explorer. I guess that is the problem? Thank you for trying to resend it.
John

Mainly, I look for the independent burger joint. My current favorite is the Healdsburger in Healdsburg, CA on lower H'burg Ave). I also mention Taylors Drive In in Rocklin CA (on historic Hwy 40 parallel to I-80), the Burger Barn in Dunsmuir (on business rt 5), the Jamestown Frosty in Jamestown (off 108) and the Pine Shack in Chester on 36. Most of these are just hamburger places we used to enjoy as kids, but the Healdsburger, a converted A&W, is kinda special, run by a former exec for the Oakland A's whom, I think, was looking for a way of life that incorporated more immediate rewards.

The comments from folks indicate there are hundreds of such places dotted across the US. I think I've found the tool I'll use for my next extended road trip!

(If you can download a free copy of Firefox, that may help in accessing the post. Sorry about the inconvenience. :(
it's something new to me.)

Is this a bit like the travel magazines that list the 10 best places to live?
The population goes up 25% and then it isn't such a great place to live anymore.

If I had a great, out of the way place to get a burger, I would be inclined to keep keep it that way.

Blake's Lottaburger is a good chain in New Mexico.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ardy & Ed's in Oshkosh WI.

Ardys.jpgI watched a freight train engineer across the street stop his train and walk across for a burger. It is a old fashion drive-in where young girls on roller skates serve the customers. (my son and a friend in the pic)

It's important that the fries bend and maybe drip when you pick them up.

Around these parts it's not a burger without green chile.

The Other One, Oak Ridge TN

The best menu of burgers and other specialty sandwiches. You want it, they'll make it. My wife loves their crawfish po boy, but for me it's usually a burger with pepper jack...bacon & chili. Mmmmmmm.....:eat:eat

http://www.theotheronediner.com/

It's important that the fries bend and maybe drip when you pick them up.

Around these parts it's not a burger without green chile.

Been to The Range Cafe around you, good chow.....

AWESOME... and close to home.. :)

Speaking of close to home, some great non-chain burgers in my area (Madison WI):

The Blue Moon, old University Ave;

Oakcrest, old Middleton Rd (my joint in the hood);

Tony Franks, Seminole Hwy;

Riley Tavern, Klevenville-Riley Rd (between Verona and Mt. Horeb);

the Village Bar, Mineral Point Road;

And downtown are Dotty Dumplings Dowry and the Plaza...

...Hey, I'm kinda :eat hungry. You?

Best burgers...

Pilot Butte Drive-In, Bend, OR
Don't forget the gravy for your fries, or the chocolate milkshake

Killer Burger, Bingen, WA
These guys have one that requires your signature on a waiver before they serve it to you :)

Is this a bit like the travel magazines that list the 10 best places to live?
The population goes up 25% and then it isn't such a great place to live anymore.

If I had a great, out of the way place to get a burger, I would be inclined to keep keep it that way.

Hmmm.... Maybe the owners would appreciate the advertising? Just saying...

Back