• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

C3 and BMW Bluetooth

sickticket

Just picked up the Schuberth C3 but have seen some comments that the comm system developed for the C3 is not compatible with the BMW Bluetooth. True???? If this is true, what is the quality of the FM on the C3 system?

I have the SRC for both my helmet & my wife's. The main reason to buy the BMW Comm system is the integration with the bike if your bike has the BMW Audio system. If not, the SRC is quite nice actually. I have used it for close to a year, and about 25k miles. I usually stream audio from my phone, though I have used Pandora for streaming also via the phone. I have used the FM a little, and it's fine if you have good FM stations. Our FM selection here is a little weak from a content standpoint, and I guess having Pandora, my own tunes on the iPod, and XM, I am a little non-plussed by commercial FM.

I have the SRC for both my helmet & my wife's. The main reason to buy the BMW Comm system is the integration with the bike if your bike has the BMW Audio system. If not, the SRC is quite nice actually. I have used it for close to a year, and about 25k miles. I usually stream audio from my phone, though I have used Pandora for streaming also via the phone. I have used the FM a little, and it's fine if you have good FM stations. Our FM selection here is a little weak from a content standpoint, and I guess having Pandora, my own tunes on the iPod, and XM, I am a little non-plussed by commercial FM.

So, it sounds by your comments that you use the FM off the SRC itself and not linked to the bikes Bluetooth. Is that correct?

Correct, no audio pkg on my BMW. I just use the helmet. That way, I can use it on any bike I am riding, rather than just being locked into one bike. I really like the self contained function of the SRC.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The bike already has the audio installed and trying to find out I can link the C3 to the bikes Bluetooth. So far the answers have been in the grey area and I'm not really sure if it will work.

I don't get the bike until this Thursday so will have to wait for then. I am really interested in receiving FM for my rides to and from work and if the SRC is not up to the task I will probably go towards the Sena unit.

If you want everything to work with the bike, the only option is the BMW bluetooth. It is nicer than the SRC in that the boom for the microphone is much smaller, leaving a little space between your face & the helmet. The SRC system works well, but it does not allow you to use the volume controls on the bike. The BMW unit is about 40 bucks more than the SRC, but if you want a good bluetooth system with excellent reliability and full integration into your new bikes audio system, it's the only way to go. Every thing else is just not quite all there. Sorry, for the delay, but I was unclear as to whether you had the audio system or not.

If you want to email me, you're more than welcome to, and between me & our BMW parts folks, we'll get you the exact right answers.

It's webb@gcmotorcycles.com if I can help.

Thanks again.

Back