• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The SOUTH

G

gvpurvis

This will most likely start a storm of protest..How about adding a new section to the regionals..The South..:clap

Although there is some great rides in Mountainia,There are a few here in Alabama.I get to ride them almost every day.Ican only get to the Great state of Mountainia every couple of months:laugh.Even so we need a regional section that has local intrest,nothing east of the Mason Dixon line.....:usa

Even so we need a regional section that has local intrest,nothing east of the Mason Dixon line.....:usa

Nothing east of the Mason-Dixon line?

I'm with you though Vic. The regional forum needs broke down a bit. The only time boys from Alabama and New Hampshire get together is either at a motorcycle rally or when they are taking aim at each other.

Maylene - you're not to far from Barber are you? That's a beautiful area.

Attachments

• mason-dixon.gif
    mason-dixon.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 299
Although there is some great rides in Mountainia,There are a few here in Alabama.I get to ride them almost every day.Ican only get to the Great state of Mountainia every couple of months:laugh.Even so we need a regional section that has local intrest,nothing east of the Mason Dixon line.....:usa

*technically* there are parts of alabama in mountainia. :nod

i have been known to terrorize the talladegha national forest, the skyway (south of cheaha, where it really gets good :evil) and the new river canyon... among some of the good riding out your way.

To me, South means Boston. Deep South is Baltimore.

(i do sorta agree that we need a "south" forum, if anything to keep them yankees from asking for unsweet iced tea!)

ian

(i do sorta agree that we need a "south" forum, if anything to keep them yankees from asking for unsweet iced tea!)

ian[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, I'm from the Deep South ( New Orleans) I like the heat and humidity. I only drink UNSWEET Tea that sweet tea is for dem mountain people

Wade

visian said:

ian

Wait a minute, I'm from the Deep South ( New Orleans) I like the heat and humidity. I only drink UNSWEET Tea that sweet tea is for dem mountain people

Wade

as they said in the *south*... that boy ain't right. :ha

Florida is south, boys...deep south. Down here we consider anything north of Jacksonville the NORTH. Actually, have a SOUTH region would be nice.

Florida is south, boys...deep south. Down here we consider anything north of Jacksonville the NORTH. Actually, have a SOUTH region would be nice.

98% of Florida is made up of retired folks from up north. I used to live there, so I know its a very dangerious place to ride a motorcycle...

If I go on Interstate Barbers is about 25 miles or so,If I take the back roads and go up in the hills I can make it in about 100 miles.Needless to say,I usually go the back route..:thumb.
The South Forum is starting to get noticed...Maybe the CSA and a few others..:usa

98% of Florida is made up of retired folks from up north. I used to live there, so I know its a very dangerious place to ride a motorcycle...
Yup, you know the place. Blue haired little old ladies peeking through the steering wheel driving 23 miles per hour in the left hand lane with their right hand blinker going blink, blink, blink...... :laugh

The good thing about Florida is you can ride all year ('cept when one of those dang hurricanes comes along), but the bad thing is all the roads are straight, flat, and full of crazy drivers and soccer moms in NASCAR SUV's! :dunno

south florida is south new york. (or, northern latin america)

north florida and south georgia need to be their own state: redneckia. :nod

The South:

Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, NORTHERN Florida (a strip about 40 miles wide), South Carolina, some of Eastern Tennessee, some of southern North Carolina. :violin

Alternate Definition:

Anywhere the people still understand or use the following words or phrases on a regular basis: Taste of this; coming up a cloud; directly; reckon; kin; lord how mercy; fat enough to kill; the headache, etc. :bottle

Tea is a cold drink. Coffee is a hot drink.

south florida is south new york. (or, northern latin america)

north florida and south georgia need to be their own state: redneckia. :nod
gawd, Ian, this is so insulting on so many levels. Who are you, Don Rickles? :laugh

I really like the South. Heck my parents and sister live in South Carolina, which is where I head the weekend prior to the rally. Can't wait (for the heat and humidity)! :thumb

Back