• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tired of tires...but another ?

P

pgods

Just about at the end of my rear tire (Dunlop Trailmax D607) that came with my new 12GS. I've plenty of tread left on the front, but have been told by BMW Manhattan that if I want to change brands I'd have to replace both front and back.
Is it kosher to ride with different brand tires, or is this a big no no???

Change your rear tire AND dealerships.

It is not a big deal. You just don't want to mix bias plies and radials.

Change your rear tire AND dealerships.

It is not a big deal. You just don't want to mix bias plies and radials.

Yeah...that's what I thought. Ever get the feeling someone is pushing the goods to meet their monthly sales quota? I did today...
Thanks!

Follow up

BMW Manhattan down right refused to mix brands on my bike! Said it was against BMW corporate policy due to liability??? Can you believe this!
Anyway, the small nail and loss of psi overnight forced me to "accept" another Dunlop on my rear tire.- not that Dunlop is bad, but I wanted to try other sneakers on my bike.
Oh, and the grand total for the (1) tire with installation was ...$278.52. What a frigg'n bargain!

Back