• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who will be the GS Giant?

The Seven Mountain Ramble

One of the rides in the GS Giant event is the ALTrider/GiantLoop run to the Seven Mountain Ramble.

This one's for bigger dogs, however, if you stay on the main loop trail you can still have a great time. In fact, this loop is one of the Adventure Detours you can take as you ride to Bloomsburg.

You get 20 Giant points for riding the loop, an additional 10 for riding one or more of the hero loops.

Here are some pics of a recent ride led by the same peeps who will be handling the setup for MOA rallygoers.

Signup at the AltRider site... the ride leaves from Bloomsburg Fairgrounds on Wednesday morning.

P1100364.sized.jpg

P1100347.sized.jpg

and a hero loop...
P1100361.sized.jpg

That hero route looks like some tasty single track. Man this is going to be one great week. I just bought a GoPro Hero camera too boot.:thumb:dance

Coming in late... I don't have any good shots of me riding my current GS however did ride around Hunter Mtn last Sunday scouting for the MAX BMW Dual Sport School and an expansion of Color in the Catskills.

Here's my tracks. There's 1,600' of vertical in there plus a grass flat track that was a real hoot.

i-24T8qvW-X2.jpg

Check foir an email from Googlegroups!

To all registered Giants,

Yesterday, I set up a distribution list through Google Groups which will be used to communicate important information via email. Only GSG managers have access. This means no one can see your email address, nor can you reply and fill up everyone's inboxes. We are spam free!

Please check your email to be sure you received the message. Check your spam filters and make the necessary adjustments to be sure you receive all the important info.

If you have checked and did not receive a message, please PM me with your full name and correct email address.

Oh...one more thing.....tell your friends that Durty is Purty and there is still time to sign up for all the fun!

Mistress Scorekeeper searched out the south west corner on the PA 4-corners ride yesterday. Wow! What a great GS'ing road! It's paved but narrow in some parts and very twisty!

Too bad I had the pickem' up truck.

Schedule of Events

man, the cats are being herded, but there are still some stragglers.

Here is the schedule of GS Giant Events, hopefully we pull of everything!!!

Here is a complete Schedule of Events. Note that some overlap, since everyone won't be interested in doing everything:

SUNDAY, JULY 10 - SATURDAY, JULY 23

Ride Adventure detours and do Stop-ins during your ride to the rally.
Take day rides around the rally.

SUNDAY, JULY 17 - TUESDAY, JULY 19

The GS Gypsy Tour starts in Marienville, PA and ends in Stillwater, PA

MONDAY, JULY 18 - THURSDAY, JULY 21

MSF Dirt Bike Training at the Dirt Farm (# of days depends on demand, we'll cancel the early days if they don't)

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20

9:00 AM ÔÇô 3:00 PM
Warmup at the Family Farm
Depart from Rally Site (or Gypsy Tour) to Off Site Location

9:00 AM ÔÇô 5:00 PM
Rider Performance University (RPU): MSF Dirt Bike Training at the Dirt Farm
Rally Grounds Parking Lot

8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
AltRider's 2nd Annual Giant Loop Adventure Ride
Depart from AltRider booth

THURSDAY, JULY 21

9:00 & 11:00 AM, 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 PM (every 2 hours)
RPU: BMW Performance Center Training Demos
GS Giant Track (Race Track)

RPU : MSF Dirt Bike Training at the Dirt Farm
Rally Grounds Parking Lot

Day Ride downloads and route sheets - visit the GS Giant area

Evening: Ride-in movies - Race Track infield

FRIDAY, JULY 22

8:00 AM ÔÇô 3:00 PM
BMW Performance Center Adventure Ride
Depart from GS Giant Track (Race Track)

8:00 AM ÔÇô 5:00 PM
RPU: The BMW Offroad Academy by RawHyde
Departs from RawHyde Designated Area

9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Tech Inspection for GS Giant Competition
GS Giant Track (Race Track infield)

3:00 PM ÔÇô 6:00 PM
GS Giant Competition

Evening: Ride-in movies - Race Track infield

SATURDAY, JULY 23

8:00 AM
GS Tech Inspection Opens for Open Track
Outside of GS Giant Track

8:00 AM ÔÇô 5:00 PM
The BMW Offroad Academy by RawHyde
Departs from RawHyde Designated Area

Open Track Riding

Will route chart holders be necessary or just a good idea? I have a Nuvi that occasionally downloads promoter's maps.

So what does this Tech Inspection entail? I wouldn't want to miss out on the fun for something I could have fixed/gotten before hand.:thumb

we'll look at your bike and make suggestions like removing your windshield, maybe your turn signals, and definitely your bags.

We'll look at you to make sure you've got the right gear and are not a dork. No dorks allowed on the track. :ha

Well, that counts me out! :whistle

Byozt!!

Bring Your Own Zip Ties!

they come in handy for folding back and securing your turn signals.

Scorebook update!

Hellloooooooo, Giants!

I know youÔÇÖve all been waiting (somewhat) patiently and the time has almost arrived!

The Big Giant Boss has finished tweaking and scorebooks will be emailed out today/tonight. Please refer to the email address you used when you registered. Instructions for printing and downloading accompanying information will be included. Please read carefully!

Another announcement will be send once all scorebooks are emailed.

Enjoy your day!
Mistress Scorekeeper

BEE Prepared!

If you are allergic to bees, bring whatever you need. Rag Weed is in bloom, so don't forget your allergy medicine if necessary. Poison Ivy - better safe than sorry! Keep in mind that you may find yourself inadvertently off the beaten path. :^)

that's the buzz...

If you are allergic to bees, bring whatever you need. Rag Weed is in bloom, so don't forget your allergy medicine if necessary. Poison Ivy - better safe than sorry! Keep in mind that you may find yourself inadvertently off the beaten path. :^)

IMG4342-L.jpg

remind me to tell you the time i "went to see a man about a horse" in the woods and used poison ivy to, um, clean up....... :bolt

Back