• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cedar City Event

edgargs

My wife and I are headed to Cedar City Sept 23-25 on a GS we are renting in Las Vegas. We are looking for some tips on gear needed etc. Anyone been to this event in prior years? I suppose days will be hot with no rain and nights pretty cool?

haven't been to this event, but considering the elevation, i'd say you're assumption is correct.

ian

last year, early mornings were pretty cool (when we left on rides).

some of the trips up into the mountains around there might require medium gear.

lots of great riding! :thumb

Sept is a real good time to ride this part of Utah. Cool and warm, but never enough to kill you from exposure!

Could I throw in another question about this event- is it mostly about the rides? What else goes on in at these events? I'm close enough to make it, but there really isn't any good info about the content of the days to help me decide.

last year, early mornings were pretty cool (when we left on rides).

some of the trips up into the mountains around there might require medium gear.

lots of great riding! :thumb

Rick,
Can you tell me how the event schedule is set up? I suppose there is some "quality gathering time" in addition to riding? Are there lots of couples or mostly single riders? what is the facility like? I suppose the dinner and reception are "BMW casual."
EdgarGS

Sept is a real good time to ride this part of Utah. Cool and warm, but never enough to kill you from exposure!

Could I throw in another question about this event- is it mostly about the rides? What else goes on in at these events? I'm close enough to make it, but there really isn't any good info about the content of the days to help me decide.

Since I was with my brother, it was mostly about the rides for us. We took off one day and headed to the North Rim. The next day was tooling around up near Cedar Breaks, then up Hwy 89. There is a LOT of cool sights around this area.

Rick,
Can you tell me how the event schedule is set up? I suppose there is some "quality gathering time" in addition to riding? Are there lots of couples or mostly single riders? what is the facility like? I suppose the dinner and reception are "BMW casual."
EdgarGS

There is a welcoming event the first nite and i believe a dinner the second nite. have to check the main page on that. There were quite a few couples there, that we could see. I believe there were also a couple of different organized rides you could choose from.

Its a great event. You can form up with another group, or go off sight-seeing on your own. cant go wrong either way.

Edit: dont get confused by who was responding. i just noticed that the email link i responded to logged me in as my brother???? this is really Rick :)

Last edited:
"There is a welcoming event the first nite and i believe a dinner the second nite. have to check the main page on that. There were quite a few couples there, that we could see. I believe there were also a couple of different organized rides you could choose from.

Its a great event. You can form up with another group, or go off sight-seeing on your own. cant go wrong either way."

Nicktater

OK, you guys beat me to it, we went last year and will be going again next month, the weather last year was perfect, we went to the North Rim also, but this year we want to do a group ride - there will be several to choose from.

See you there

Since I was with my brother, it was mostly about the rides for us. We took off one day and headed to the North Rim. The next day was tooling around up near Cedar Breaks, then up Hwy 89. There is a LOT of cool sights around this area.

There is a welcoming event the first nite and i believe a dinner the second nite. have to check the main page on that. There were quite a few couples there, that we could see. I believe there were also a couple of different organized rides you could choose from.

Its a great event. You can form up with another group, or go off sight-seeing on your own. cant go wrong either way.

Edit: dont get confused by who was responding. i just noticed that the email link i responded to logged me in as my brother???? this is really Rick :)

Weird, I don't remember posting this.

Back