• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who will be the GS Giant?

Volunteer

In Redmond last year I took a bunch of pictures of the GS trials from the stand with my Canon 5D. I've never volunteered, but I would love to be a volunteer photographer - where do I sign up?

Paul

After the competition, we'll have open track for folks to play around on *assuming* that we get some volunteers to babysit.

The track will be designed so that there will be challenges for n00bs, heavier and lighter bikes.

Ian

Now that sounds like fun!

In Redmond last year I took a bunch of pictures of the GS trials from the stand with my Canon 5D. I've never volunteered, but I would love to be a volunteer photographer - where do I sign up?

Paul - see the second post in this thread, there is a link there to contact me.

I took my shots with a 5D Mark II, which is truly an amazing camera.

Glad you can help... in addition to shooting, we need to photo wranglers for getting pics off of GS Giant competitors' cameras (they will earn points for contributing pics) and posting to the forum and to our Facebook page. (c'mon, people, time to LIKE the FB page!!!)

Thanks for offering to help, you'll hear more when you contact me.

ian

Check out our new logo.....

1157193233_gC4Xe-O.jpg

Did you pose for that? Wait....no I don't think so afterall :ha

(Just picking at ya a little....Very Cool logo!)

Oh, thats it....you will be the one "pushing up dirt" !!! Hey it looks like you guys really have nailed this event. I especially like the pre-rally riding idea to set the stage. Hats off to you and the entire team!

This would make a great Tee shirt...............

gsjay[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the T-Shirt! This is a really slick logo!

Yeah, Paul:)

I'd love to see more of the Redmond pics, if anyone has them, regarding the GS Trials and other GS stuff. It will help promote the PA. Rally as well. I happen to have had the wonderful challenge of Chairing the Redmond GS Events and Ian did to in Tennesse and this coming year. PLEASE help us with your pics if you can. Its great fuel for the GS flame:). Thx, Randy Owens"Polarbear"

Pick your poison...

There are two options for a GS Gypsy Tour that we're scoping out.

What's your pleasure.... the wilds of West Virginia or the Alleghenies of PA?

Ian

So I tried to fix a typo and made my post totally worse off.:blush

Here's what I meant to say:

West Virginia always wins out for us!

I did a little research on an Adventure Detour last weekend where something like this could happen... :evil

This is an amazing picture to me. Here we see two guys fiddling with their bikes while the presumed owner of the downed $20+K GS Adventure takes a picture.

It is amazing. GS riding etiquette requires the rider of the downed bike to pose next to it while the co-riders take the pictures.

898489443_NEvf4-M.jpg

898491539_hpfAR-M.jpg

great pics, and yeah... great fun taking pics of buddies with their dropped bike.

There will be water and mud on the GS Giant track. :nod

ian

ps => I see you're in Central PA, would you mind PMing me so that I can twist your arm on some local route info? :evil

Hmmmmm?

Water, Mud, Oh MY! Will we survive the rigors of "Ian the Giant". Hehehe:). "Polarbear", I vote W.VA. Did some off road there at the RA Rally and found the wilderness of W.VA remarkably wet and entertaining:). Happy Trails

Back