• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Raffle?/ Sweepstakes?

I'm wondering that myself. Haven't seen anything on it yet. So, as far a I can tell, you haven't missed anything on the subject, yet!

If there was, you would have seen something by now. AFAIK, no sweepstakes this year.

Patience, Grasshoppers! A little later this year, all will be revealed! It will be worth the wait.

Sweepstakes announcement in June issue of "BMW Owners News"

I'm still waiting for info on the superstakes.
Greetings from Texas, y'all.
I just received my June BMW Owners News in the mail.
There was a brief mention on page 23, "What's Coming?"
  • "The next Superstakes launch will be in July"
Therefore the official announcement with all the eye candy will apparently be included the July issue of BMW-ON -- Probably sent by email to members as well.:clap
Following tradition the sweepstakes drawings should be held at the 2014 BMW MOA Rally in St. Paul, MN, July 24-27.
All the best to you.

UPDATE/CORRECTION:
Contrary to my earlier speculation, the 2014 Superstakes multi-bike drawings will not "follow the tradition" of the earlier national rallies -- Rather they will occur later in the year. Thanks to Ted Moyer for the info.

Last edited:
[*]"The next Superstakes launch will be in July"

Following tradition the sweepstakes drawings should be held at the 2014 BMW MOA Rally in St. Paul, .

That only leaves a couple weeks to sell tickets.
I'm guessing the drawing will not be at the National this year, but later in the year. Like I said, I'm only guessing.

Just as long as it's not a last ditch effort as a Rally attendance incentive, that "cuts against" the discount members receive by pre registering by end of June. Any lack of planning on their part (MOA) should not constitute loss of opportunity on my part! IMHO
travel'n john

Timing for the Superstakes this year will be the Fall. No relation to the Rally for 2014. It will be worth the wait. I promise!

Sweepstakes

I don't know if you are having problems with state laws on the raffle again this year but I will tell you that I enjoyed the live one in Sedalia two years ago. That was fun watching the brand new bikes being rolled out and given away. Just not the same if its not live. It was like Vegas.

I don't know if you are having problems with state laws on the raffle again this year but I will tell you that I enjoyed the live one in Sedalia two years ago. That was fun watching the brand new bikes being rolled out and given away. Just not the same if its not live. It was like Vegas.

Seems Missouri is one of the few states that permits a raffle on that scale....It was fun!!!

June 2014 BMW ON page 25 has more details. "The next Superstakes will start at the rally and will end in December, and we'll have a one bike raffle for a new R NineT".

June 2014 BMW ON page 25 has more details. "The next Superstakes will start at the rally and will end in December, and we'll have a one bike raffle for a new R NineT".

The National will raffle off one bike, or the Superstakes will be a one bike raffle?

Edit: I read page 25 and it looks like the Superstakes will be one bike and will be raffled off Feb. 2015.

Last edited:
The National will raffle off one bike, or the Superstakes will be a one bike raffle?

Edit: I read page 25 and it looks like the Superstakes will be one bike and will be raffled off Feb. 2015.

Greetings:
I regret my earlier post was made before reading the information on Page 25. I missed this info and based my post and speculation on the info on Page 23 which was somewhat brief and not detailed.
After re-reading both announcements - Pages 23 & 25 - It appears that that there will be at least two drawings:
  • The next multi-bike "Superstakes will start at the rally and end in December..."
  • The "one-bike raffle for the new R nineT" will be "raffled in February 2015".

So unlike last year, the Superstakes multi-bike drawings will not be held at the national rally in July - Just the official "start" of the Superstakes.
All the best.

Last edited:
Greetings:
I regret my earlier post was made before reading the information on Page 25. I missed this info and based my post and speculation on the info on Page 21 which was somewhat brief and not detailed.
After re-reading both announcements - Pages 21 & 25 - It appears that that there will be at least two drawings:
  • The next multi-bike "Superstakes will start at the rally and end in December..."
  • The "one-bike raffle for the new R nineT" will be "raffled in February 2015".

So unlike last year, the Superstakes multi-bike drawings will not be held at the national rally in July - Just the official "start" of the Superstakes.
All the best.

And the reason I was told it won't be at the rally is because it was way too much coordination to make this happen coincident with the rally. So they decided they would take that burden of overhead and put it into a start of the draw at the rally with the raffle actually happening at a later date.

Neil TasteMoringa.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BMWMOA July 2014 Issue Announcements

I just received my July issue of BMW-ON.

The information in the July issue verifies the previous information in the June issue.

Regarding the anticipated multi-bike "Superstakes" drawings, Pages 96 and 97 include a graphic teaser ad that states in part, "GET READY FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT JULY 24, 2014", and "THIS YEAR IS THE BIGGEST EVER". Thus the official announcement will occur at the St. Paul Rally as previously stated.

Regarding the one-bike raffle at the St. Paul Rally (as stated on Page 122, July issue) the "Grand Prize" is the "2014 BMW R nineT", but there are also numerous other prizes from multiple sponsors including motorcycle adventure tours, BMW apparel, riding gear, and luggage. (Also daily door prizes).

All the best.

Back