• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sertao Owners?

I have a 2012 G650GS Sertao. Would like to share tips and wiring diagrams with others. Should this be a post or a group?

Here is link to newly added fuse block and 12V outlet. Seems like there is nospace to install extras.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108474721505505420021/albums/5824874879585278929/5824875043600856402

Your thoughts welcome.

Jeff
Nice post Jeff. It's always nice when we can get some pictures, and especially install pictures, on a "new" model. Your bike fall into our "Thumper" category so I'll move it over for you.
Hopefully more owners of what looks like a real fun bike will be able to add to your post. OM

Hi Jeff, nice job and thanks for posting. I also have a Sertao and really like it. I have had several "F" versions of this bike and I am really glad they brought this model back. I decided to resist the almost overwhelming temptation to add a host of farkles to this bike like I routinely do on my others. I took delivery of the Sertao last January and have really enjoyed it this year. To this point I have only added a GPS mount and I hard wired that directly to the battery. However if I give in to my weakness as normal, I will add the fuseblock as you have!

I chose Givi bags and top case and that is working out very well. With that setup there is no problem getting all the necessary items loaded for a camping trip!

Ride safe and enjoy!

yes go Givi

Thanks for the comments. I have the Givi top box with lights and BMW side cases. Added turn indicators to those... these bikes have such low visibility.

BMW dual sport interested

I want to keep following you folks here with interest in the 650 as a desert dual for me. I just got a couple of four wheelers and have been riding my R1200RT for many years on the pavement but will need a good all around dirt and pavement rig that I can make long runs on dirt roads in the Utah and Arizona desert. I haven't been following the single cylinder dual sport end of BMW other than my neighbor in the west bought an 800 and it is super nice. I was thinking of a KLR-650 but I really like the BMW duals and why wouldn't I because I love my RT. I don't care much to drive on 4 wheels unless it is totally necessary so I think I will have to make a move for a dual in the not too distant future. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to share about their machine.

I have a 2012 G650GS Sertao. Would like to share tips and wiring diagrams with others. Should this be a post or a group?

Here is link to newly added fuse block and 12V outlet. Seems like there is nospace to install extras.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108474721505505420021/albums/5824874879585278929/5824875043600856402

Your thoughts welcome.

Jeff
Jeff, according to the Max microfisch you have power available in front of the seat like my GS. There is a hot stud with a cover on it and also a ground stud. They both have a nut and nothing connected to it. I've connected three circuits there. GPS outlet, volt meter and a charging cord that hangs by the accesory plug outlet. Each component has an inline fuse near the power source. Always hot.

Last edited:
Back