• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2008 Gillette National - attending or not?

2008 Gillette National - Attending, not attending, not sure?

• Attending

Votes: 138 52.1%
  • Not Attending

Votes: 64 24.2%
  • Not sure yet.....

Votes: 63 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

cruise_carter

Lets get some feedback from the membership, who is attending, not attending, not sure yet?

I'm not sure because I have family coming to visit from Australia. If they aren't here during the rally, I will definitely be there.

My wife and I have never been to a major rally, because of work/family obligations. However, we are now retired and . . . . . . . We would like to attend this year. We are NOT campers and will be looking for hotel accomidations. Count us in! Where do we sign up?

"radar"

Count on a dozen AZ Beemers coming and we're going to have real fun in the July heat!

We AZ Beemers will definitely be camping at Gillette next July, because it is just so damned cold here in Phoenix in July; we do want to go where it's much warmer!

Ha, just kidding! It's amazing to me how large a lightning rod placement of our International Rally in Gillette, Wyoming has become. The reality is that Gillette is where our 2008 BMW MOA Rally is placed and we Zonie desert rats will be there!

BeemerDonS

2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 - "Mi Mexico Mule II"
2005 BMW R1150RT - "Ingrid"
2003 Yamaha FJR 1300 - "Lucy Liu"
2002 H-D Dyna Super Glide - "Pamela Anderson"
1996 BMW R1100GS - "Mi Mexico Mule Numero Uno"

we are there for sure. Arriving with about 9,000 miles of travel (zig zaging all over the place) prior to the rally we look forward to 'landing' in one spot with lot's of interesting folks....and, setting up house keeping in a Sherpa (as soon as we can reserve)..... there goes the neighborhood!. See ya. -Bob and Mary

Not this time

For the time we will have its too far and there is not enough non-motorcycle stuff for my wife when we are not at the vendors, seminars, etc. Looking forward to the NE and SE regions though.

not going, but not because I don't like the site. I just have other plans. I'm going to be in Bend Oregon with family. The national is just a little to big for me, no matter where it is held. I will be having fun riding my dual purpose bike in Oregon. I had my big trip to Wyoming this summer and enjoyed myself immensly, including passing through Gillette. Hope everyone has a great rally and safe riding!

Lodging May Be A Problem

After visiting my daughter in Castle Rock, CO and doing some scenic riding in the Rockies, I plan to swing thru Gillette to take in the Rally on my way back to WI. Just don't know where I can stay, since the actual rally day might have to be a last minute decision.

Why of course! I plan on travelling on many interesting roads before and after Gillette. Last year I began with the RA in Asheville and then kept on riding until West Bend. I am looking for a similar ride next year. At the rally, I'll volunteer setting up and registering members as I did in West Bend, take in seminars and see what the vendors have to offer. I am hoping that the entertainment is as great as what we had in Wisconsin.

I will be coming out via North Dakota/Montana from Minnesota, and coming back home via South Dakota..

Looking forward to it...

Red

You bet---- IN

Since, my wife said it was ok to go! She also said, if I behave myself I will have a place to stay all week.:love:lol So I'm IN.:thumb- - - - - - - P.S. Looks like I will have to take a trip out to the PNW ,just for a road trip!:thumb

Only after beating "The Beartooth"

The Beartooth beat me last time with a whiteout. So one counter clockwise loop of WY with a slight detour to MT via the Chief Joseph and then over Beartooth to Red Lodge. Then a little playtime in the Big Horns with an arrival to Gillette. Maybe a quick trip over the Snowy Range on the way out. Oh no, I've got PMS* already.

*Parked Motorcycle Syndrome

Back