• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty fog riders rally 2013

Ahhh.... at 4 bowls of Mary's famous Chicken Soup; YOU then, just may...

.....qualify for a coveted "maritime moniker" !!! Something like... "Four Bowl" Bud or "No More" Bud... just as long as it's not "Last Bowl".....
always a sad time along the passive Larry's River homestead. About right now, the tour is finishing a hearty breakfast at the Clucking Hen
eatery, along the north shore of Lake Big Bra's d' Or. That will keep'em full as pass the perilous Wreck Cove on the Cabot Trail, toward the
Capstick "cut-off", and onto the precipice of Meat Cove! And in looking at the temp's & precipitation over Cape Breton.... the Chowder Hut
and it's penthouse deck overlooking Cape North & the Cabot Strait... better prepare for a "run" on hot chowder! Tonight's campfire on the
perch of land in front of the tents, will be welcomed as the cruise ships slide by out below...."wish ye were there ..eh"

Next year, consider joining the HexST'er & I for the journey. Always an adventure that Salty Fog; one should experience the "edge of earth"
gathering... not a finer location to enjoy a nip & good cigar....even if the "breeze" is up! ..:brow

"Travel'n" John... aka "Three Bowl" in the Maritimes, vicinity of the 46th N parallel.

Thank you all for coming!

All home safe. More than a few stories. The weather gods continued to test our resolve but soldier on we did! Stay tuned for the Ride Report (in a new thread). It will take a few weeks to assemble all the pictures but it will happen. Even a little video or two. Again this year a great crew of participants. Again, stay tuned for the report. - Bob and Mary

Speaking for myself and I'm sure all of the others that made the trek up North I'd like to thank Bob and Mary for putting on another fun event.
The weather in the maritines changes quickly but fortunately so does this event, so far the results have always been interesting and usually fun. If you want to stay dry and don't want to occasionally ride in the rain you might want to consider staying home and watching TV. OTOH If you want to have a good time with some fun people give this a try.

On The List!

We're hoping to make this rally in the future. A good friend says it's a GREAT one! Maybe in 2014?

I haven't done this ride since the first one. I need to think about doing it again. I would love to be there in 2014.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

.....qualify for a coveted "maritime moniker" !!! Something like... "Four Bowl" Bud or "No More" Bud... just as long as it's not "Last Bowl".....
always a sad time along the passive Larry's River homestead. About right now, the tour is finishing a hearty breakfast at the Clucking Hen
eatery, along the north shore of Lake Big Bra's d' Or. That will keep'em full as pass the perilous Wreck Cove on the Cabot Trail, toward the
Capstick "cut-off", and onto the precipice of Meat Cove! And in looking at the temp's & precipitation over Cape Breton.... the Chowder Hut
and it's penthouse deck overlooking Cape North & the Cabot Strait... better prepare for a "run" on hot chowder! Tonight's campfire on the
perch of land in front of the tents, will be welcomed as the cruise ships slide by out below...."wish ye were there ..eh"

Next year, consider joining the HexST'er & I for the journey. Always an adventure that Salty Fog; one should experience the "edge of earth"
gathering... not a finer location to enjoy a nip & good cigar....even if the "breeze" is up! ..:brow

"Travel'n" John... aka "Three Bowl" in the Maritimes, vicinity of the 46th N parallel.

..... YOUR BOWL IS PACKED AWAY ..... WAITING. MAYBE 2014? BTW, THE DECK ON THE CHOWDER HUT GOT SUCKED INTO THE SKY BY THE FEROCIOUS WIND GODS. UP AND OVER THE HUT! NEW ONE COMING. HOWEVER, THE FOOD THIS YEAR WAS SPECTACULAR AND IS CLEARLY ON OUR LUNCHEON LIST FOR NEXT YEAR. THE CAMPING PLAN IS 'UNDER REVIEW'. LOOK FOR PICS IN THE UPCOMING TRIP REPORT. - bob

Speaking for myself and I'm sure all of the others that made the trek up North I'd like to thank Bob and Mary for putting on another fun event.
The weather in the maritines changes quickly but fortunately so does this event, so far the results have always been interesting and usually fun. If you want to stay dry and don't want to occasionally ride in the rain you might want to consider staying home and watching TV. OTOH If you want to have a good time with some fun people give this a try.

Thanks for the endorsement and observations. Always a good time with a few challenges thrown in occasionally.

NEXT YEAR: SEPT 1-5 ( with Early Arrival Day being Sunday, August 31st)

We're hoping to make this rally in the future. A good friend says it's a GREAT one! Maybe in 2014?

Coming from someone who really does know "great" rallies, we appreciate your interest. We're small but something special really does seem to happen in the process. Tell your good friend that we said "thank you very much". 2014 date is the week of Sept 1st so we hope that you pencil it in for now eh. - Bob

Tom,Paul and John missed you guys this year. The extended weather forcast for next year is sunny and warm all six days.

Oh to have been there....

... speaking for myself; "I've worked up a 3 bowl" appetite for 2014! Maybe even the "sunrise notification" individual will ride pillion! I hope so...

As you well know mogu83... each year of a SFR offers its own challenges! It would be good to join all of you next year.

"travel'n" john
R12RT... in Maritime Blue

And speaking for myself, I hope to be there with my new (to me) bike I am riding back from Denver on Thursday..:thumb

Tom,Paul and John missed you guys this year. The extended weather forcast for next year is sunny and warm all six days.

It was a big disappointment to miss it. And we did have eight days of sun one year -- 2009 maybe.

Back