• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mileage Awards On-Line?

Liaison
Staff member
Are these on-line? I looked but only see the small section that talks about the award and the application.

I would like to see all mileage awards on-line...a good way to see some of the "movers and shakers" of the club...well, at least the "movers"....:thumb The hard part would be pulling the information out of the archives, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Once up, it wouldn't take much to keep it current.

Thanks...

But movers and shakers? :scratch

You know, because of all that moving down the road, they've had to shake the life back into the butts more than the rest of us... ;)

Doh! Was that link there all along or did you just create it? I thought I looked...I notice that that page was updated on 3/8/09.

Thanks...

Mileage Contest

Greetings !

What happened to the mileage contest results ? I don't think I was in the running for anything, but it's nice to see the results by state.

I got my 100K award in 2000....still not on list!!:scratch

They're definitely not current. I received my 500k in 2006, and I'm still listed at 400k. I know fer sure Deb Lower just earned her 500k, and she's listed at 200k. Definitely not up to date.

Mileage currency ????

Wow!!!!! I would really be disappointed...if I was in the High Mileage league...why have a list if it is 2-3 years old???? Karol....who's in the running for first Female 1M miles??? Ardys? you? Deb???:D

three years out for me

I hit 200K and got the patches, etc. summer of 2006. Now, three years later I'm still listed at 100K. I'll be at 300K by summer's end this year; wondering if I should even bother sending the info in.

Wow!!!!! I would really be disappointed...if I was in the High Mileage league...why have a list if it is 2-3 years old???? Karol....who's in the running for first Female 1M miles??? Ardys? you? Deb???:D

Voni must be right up there if not in the lead!

The listings on the old web-site were not updated for a number of years. We now have them in the new system. They will be updated. Those published periodically in the magazine are up to date. The disparity will be rectified. Your interest and involvement in motorcycling is not being diminished.

IOW, keep riding. :D

continuing to ride won't be a problem; continuing to pay membership fees to the MOA may be.

I'm sorry this issue might jeopardize your membership. What's on the web-site will be updated. Again, the records kept by the club are up to date and are reflected in those printed in the magazine.

It's not just the one issue, but rather the whole atmosphere of non-responsiveness to the masses. It seems that there are a select few who control every decision and most of the decisions are very narrow minded with great resistance to change because it goes against "tradition". Tradition is fine and we need to honor it, but resistance to change is why China built the great wall. What I see is that tradition is the MOA's great wall.

It's not just the one issue, but rather the whole atmosphere of non-responsiveness to the masses. It seems that there are a select few who control every decision and most of the decisions are very narrow minded with great resistance to change because it goes against "tradition". Tradition is fine and we need to honor it, but resistance to change is why China built the great wall. What I see is that tradition is the MOA's great wall.

Not having the web site perfectly up to date is a screw up, but it is hardly a tradition. It certainly would be nice if my 600K and Voni's 800K were up on the site, but that won't inspire me to quit MOA.

Until recently the entire web presence was done by volunteers. It still partly is. This is a club, not a big business like Enron or AIG. So I cut it some slack for being hugely volunteer driven.

If that isn't good enough, then I don't know what to say to you.

It's not just the one issue of the website not being up to date, but rather the whole atmosphere of non-responsiveness to the masses. It seems that there are a select few who control every decision and most of the decisions are very narrow minded with great resistance to change because it goes against "tradition". Tradition is fine and we need to honor it, but resistance to change is why China built the great wall. What I see is that tradition is the MOA's great wall.

I guess maybe I didn't make myself clear; I have fixed that now. But if that is the only issue anyone wants to address, it just strengthens my point that no one listens. And further, they respond inappropriately or not at all when issues (all issues) are raised or they respond with so much resistance that it's not worth pursuing it any further.

I never implied that it was a big business and yes, I understand it is a club, run by mostly volunteers. Point is those volunteers don't listen any better than if it were a big business and they are management suppressing the workers. It kills morale and drives people away until all you have left are the traditionalists who are quite happy to carry on business as usual. Problem with that is the new folks coming in are likely to be leaving faster each day until there is no new blood to carry on.

:dunno

Much of the board has served less than one term (and there are limits to how long anyone can serve). There have been significant changes in procedures, content, staff, and quality (towards the positive) in regards to most of the club's public deliverables - magazine, web-site, rallies, the forum, etc - in the last few years with more coming. Not everything happens as fast as we might hope, but a lot has happened and is happening.

Have a good night. I'm taking a few days off to spend some much needed time with my wife. :wave

Folks,
The mileage awards, and hopefully everything else, will be updated more regularly now that we have a user-friendly system for updating content online. (Huge thanks for Knary for building the new site, which required much effort and time on his part. He is to be commended!)

Send me any and all of your mileage updates and I will trust they are accurate and I will update the listings over the coming weeks. PLEASE email them to me - I don't have the time to visit the Forum all that often. So send updates and changes to me at -- vince@bmwmoa.org

Keep in mind there are still a few bugs to work out of the new site and system.

I apologize for some of this taking so long. Thanks.

Vince

Back