• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Kms?

Maybe the bike's from Canada. Maybe the bike's originally from Europe and has its original speedometer. Maybe the owner is a metriphiliac.

I went to look...and they are indeed in kms. Pretty strange. I reloaded the page, logged in to the Flea Market, and then cleared the browser's BMWMOA cookies. No difference...the ads still display kms.

I have no idea. I guess someone set something wrong in the server. :scratch

:dohThe anomoly has been reported to the forum admins. We'll see what can be done.

:dance:dance:dance

In the flea mkt, bikes for sale. Milage is given as KMS. What's with that?
It would be good for us to know if this is something new (changed recently)?
Remember that the Flea Market is not part of the forum but linked to the forum.
In the mean time- To convert from Kilometers to miles multiply by 0.62137 or just sorta knock of a third and imagine miles.
OM

This issue has been pointed out to the office. They have it on their list to change. Soon, hopefully. Although with the rally coming up, don't expect too much of a flurry on the forum. People are getting ready to head out.

I think the real question (since I expect the vast majority of bikes for sale were originally sold in the US, not Canada) is whether some program converted miles to kilometers or whether it SUBSTITUTED kilometers for miles. Maybe one of you could call up a US seller, ask that very question, then let us know.

The BEST change would probably be for the seller to write the "number" and then chose either miles or kilometers from a menu.

Given the flakiness of many BMW odometers, I wouldn't put too much faith in the number. When I bought my current bike (in Canada) it had only 11K MILES on it. (Yes, originally sold in the states.) Given the excellent condition of the bike, I believed the numbers and worried more about what might have gone wrong from lack of use. It's been pretty good. Now, it has maybe 300 more miles on it than the odometer indicates - quit on a trip and, believe it or not, pulling and re-installing all the fuses fixed the problem. (Hot tip on this forum.) Wonder if it had some failures before I bought it.

Condition and maintenance, not mileage, are the big things with BMW's, I believe.

I created a dummy ad for an Airhead. I put in 100,000 for mileage. In the final ad, I checked and it stated the mileage was 100,000 kms. No conversion is going on.

Update...the Flea Market ads have been updated to show "Mileage (mi)". Onward and upward!! :clap

Back