• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

DOUBLE OT and BLACKHAWKS WIN!

synstars

Patrick Kane wins it for the Blackhawks in game 5 against the Blues with a 1-on-1 against Elliot in double OT!

I enjoy visiting these forums to talk motorcycles and to escape the stress and anxiety associated with toiling away at a career, raising children, managing financial responsibilities, and the associated rigors of modern life in general. As a longtime fan of the Boston Bruins, I find your post to be terribly insensitive to those of us that have been left with little choice but to switch off our television sets now that the postseason has begun and our teams have been sent packing. With zero Canadian teams chasing La Coupe Stanley this year, how do you think this post has made our Brothers and Sisters North of the Border:ca feel? You sir or madame have been reckless in your comments! In the spirit of Earth Day, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were simply caught up in the "Thrill of Victory" :drinkand not intentionally kicking those of us who are already down and mired in the "Agony of Defeat":cry. I don't know about you, but I was taught from an early age that it was impolite to discuss politics, religion, and playoff hockey outside of the home.:rofl Then again as long as it ain't the Habs, Go Hawks!:thumb

I enjoy visiting these forums to talk motorcycles and to escape the stress and anxiety associated with toiling away at a career, raising children, managing financial responsibilities, and the associated rigors of modern life in general. As a longtime fan of the Boston Bruins, I find your post to be terribly insensitive to those of us that have been left with little choice but to switch off our television sets now that the postseason has begun and our teams have been sent packing. With zero Canadian teams chasing La Coupe Stanley this year, how do you think this post has made our Brothers and Sisters North of the Border:ca feel? You sir or madame have been reckless in your comments! In the spirit of Earth Day, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were simply caught up in the "Thrill of Victory" :drinkand not intentionally kicking those of us who are already down and mired in the "Agony of Defeat":cry. I don't know about you, but I was taught from an early age that it was impolite to discuss politics, religion, and playoff hockey outside of the home.:rofl Then again as long as it ain't the Habs, Go Hawks!:thumb

Are the pucks flatter / softer in Bean Town or is that just footballs?

Are the pucks flatter / softer in Bean Town or is that just footballs?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Denis Lemieux: "You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes by yourself and...you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."

Last edited:
Patrick Kane wins it for the Blackhawks in game 5 against the Blues with a 1-on-1 against Elliot in double OT!

I had to go to bed. It's tough being a studmeister. Girls or Hockey and since there is still lots of hockey left.............................

As to not having any Canadian teams in the run, heartbreaking, sorrowful and embarrassing. However, ain't no hockey in the USofA without us Canadians showing them how to do it, up close and personal like.

For those that don't know, Kane got called out by a coach of one the biggest dynasties in Hockey, the Boston Bruins and Don Cherry.

I don't follow spourts, it seems to me there is around 18 Canadians on the Bruins? Who is playing Who :scratch

:)

om

I had to go to bed. It's tough being a studmeister. Girls or Hockey and since there is still lots of hockey left.............................

As to not having any Canadian teams in the run, heartbreaking, sorrowful and embarrassing. However, ain't no hockey in the USofA without us Canadians showing them how to do it, up close and personal like.

For those that don't know, Kane got called out by a coach of one the biggest dynasties in Hockey, the Boston Bruins and Don Cherry.
I married a hockey girl, and now we are watching baseball. Season is over! Can't wait for flat football season to start.:dance

I married a hockey girl, and now we are watching baseball. Season is over! Can't wait for flat football season to start.:dance

The Red Sox are in 2nd place???

Oh........I see.........you must be a Yankee's fan! That has to be lonely, in your neighborhood.

Baseball is so sloooow, I can't take it.:snore

There are a couple ways to speed it up. 1) Record the game on your PVR. There are about 2 minutes of commercials between each half inning or 34 minutes in total per game that you can eliminate with 4 quick hits on the 30 second fast forward button at the end of each half inning. Whenever they change pitchers there is another 2 minutes of commercials you can eliminate the same way. Note, if I start watching the game before it is over, I am careful to hit the mute button first then menu/4-1 to get to the recording; then select the game and "start over." Works well - and probably shortens the game on average 45 minutes. A fellow fan and friend claims I am watching history. My rebuttal is that if I don't know the result or how it happened, it doesn't matter. Besides, I am no good at reading a book or working a Sudoku puzzle for two minute stretches, nor do I have to pee that often.

As a Canadian, I am of course a Blue Jays fan and watched all of their games - until today. Somehow forgot to program that recording. Oh shoot! Did record "Blue Jays in 30" which condenses all the big plays into 30 minutes. If your favorite team also has almost daily 30 minute re-caps on TV (and you don't have three hours or so to watch the full game,) you might consider recording it. You can still eliminate the commercials too.

I do worry a little that when this method of TV watching becomes too popular, the folks buying all those TV adds may start paying less for them. Could this mean that some big name baseball players only get paid $15 - 20 million a year? Well, most of us BMW riders could survive on that income if absolutely forced too, and those baseball players do it more for the love of the game than the money.

How much time do you record? Last nights Red Sox game was 5 hours. I would fill my DVR in no time. But you do have a good method. This is how I have been watching NASCAR for the last few years.

My plans for tonight:

Game 7, an iconic match-up, good versus evil, my favorite player showing why he is the dominant force, and a good Canadian boy.

Beer fridge full, pizza to be here at puck drop. Lady friend having ladies night out. Cold enough for a little fire in the stove and the best part, Don Cherry and Ron McLean after the first.

Now comes the truly heat wrenching part: If my team wins out right in three, I'm golden. If we go to one OT, I think I can handle it but if we go two OT, I have to think of myself. I will have to be less of a fan, a poser to some, a washout to my friends. I will have to go to bed.

I need to be on a 5:30 AM flight to Churchill on Tuesday morning and I need to look my best. You never know when another lady friend will come along you see.

Last time I was in Churchill there were more Polar Bears that women folk on main street... you are VERY optimistic! :dance

0837cd573ad3ad8465dd5a8da9c1a535.jpg

John

Game 7, an iconic match-up, good versus evil, my favorite player showing why he is the dominant force, and a good Canadian boy.

Beer fridge full, pizza to be here at puck drop. Lady friend having ladies night out. Cold enough for a little fire in the stove and the best part, Don Cherry and Ron McLean after the first.

Now comes the truly heat wrenching part: If my team wins out right in three, I'm golden. If we go to one OT, I think I can handle it but if we go two OT, I have to think of myself. I will have to be less of a fan, a poser to some, a washout to my friends. I will have to go to bed.

I need to be on a 5:30 AM flight to Churchill on Tuesday morning and I need to look my best. You never know when another lady friend will come along you see.

Suppose you made it to bed early enough.

Back