• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Smokey Mountains

Sounds like you had a great trip. I have been living in Northeast TN for about 26 years and I love it here, especially for motorcycling.

Sounds like you had a great trip. I have been living in Northeast TN for about 26 years and I love it here, especially for motorcycling.

Despite being shut out of the "better" campsites, we had a great time. I don't have to tell you how beautiful TN is! It's my new favorite state!!

Cheers,

Lawrence

I'm about 60 miles from you up I-81. I have lived around here most of my life. I moved away a couple of times but the mountains drew me back. I made an effort to move back here so the great motorcycle riding would start at the end of my driveway. We frequently don't have a destination when we ride. We simply choose a direction, ride until lunch and return home via a different route.

Since you are an engineer in Kingsport, how long have you worked at Eastman Chemical?

Looks fantastic. My girlfriend and I are going in June, and we cant stop looking at the maps, just imagining the roads!

What was the western half of Tennessee like?

I live just east of you near Springfield, MO. We do alot of riding in NW Arkansas. Is Tennessee as good and or better than Arkansas? I hope its 'equal' so as not ot ruin (in my mind) my riding area around here!

Looks fantastic. My girlfriend and I are going in June, and we cant stop looking at the maps, just imagining the roads!

What was the western half of Tennessee like?

I live just east of you near Springfield, MO. We do alot of riding in NW Arkansas. Is Tennessee as good and or better than Arkansas? I hope its 'equal' so as not ot ruin (in my mind) my riding area around here!

The best riding in Tennessee is in the eastern part near NC, Va and KY. I live about 35-40 miles from TN, NC and WV in Va and about 70 miles from KY. I have good riding regardless of the direction I go. I have a northern ride of about 200 crooked miles that gets me in VA, WV and a little of KY. My 150 mile southern ride gets me in VA, NC and TN. Western TN, Eastern VA and Eastern NC flatten out while the roads get straighter which tend to make them less desirable for motorcycle riding.

Back