• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Schuberth C3 Pro is coming - Their newest modular

bikerpaul

I watched a YouTube video on Revzilla's channel last night about the new modular Schuberth coming to the states. It's going to be pricey at $769 but it looks like they've made some changes that will allow the helmet to fit me better and it comes with a pinlock visor. I've wanted a Schuberth for a long time b/c I think it's a very well built modular, I like the drop down shield and it has the most integrated BT setup IMO.

The new version has improvements in the overall shape, venting, the liner as well as moving some things a bit such as the chin strap being moved forward. The helmet comes with a pinlock visor, an integrated BT antenna as well as a material on the bottom of the helmet that helps prevent a helmet sliding off the seat of your bike. Some of the things mentioned seem a bit gadgety maybe but there are a lot of improvements made for the better it sounds. There's even a Woman specific helmet with a slightly different internal shape and different color liner. For current wearers of Schuberth helmets I'll be curious to hear opinions on the changes vs. what you've experienced with your current Schuberth. There's a video that compares the C3 to the C3 Pro as well.

Here's a link to the product page on Revzilla's site along with the videos. C3 Pro Helmet

I'd like one in carbon fiber. :)

If bmw would get the SRC "fully" integrated with the k1600 I think I'd like this setup better than my C3 with BMW communicator

Our Schuberth rep. brought one by for us to look at last week. It's really cool, and it's gonna be hard not to buy the first one. I haven't had my C3 for a year yet, but it is really tempting...

Our Schuberth rep. brought one by for us to look at last week. It's really cool, and it's gonna be hard not to buy the first one. I haven't had my C3 for a year yet, but it is really tempting...

What are the main differences between the C3 and the C3 Pro? This is based on what you seen in person aside from the marketing that's out there.

Jason

Sorry just watched the video. My questions were answered. Looks and sounds like a great helmet. Expensive especially if you add the communication to it.

Pricing?

Do people really pay $900.00+ for a helmet?

After glancing over the article at the home page of this web site, I am wondering what could possibly be worth that much? Please don't say, "Well, what is your head worth?" Easy reply, but the cash outlay in my mind is hard to justify.

Do people really pay $900.00+ for a helmet?

After glancing over the article at the home page of this web site, I am wondering what could possibly be worth that much? Please don't say, "Well, what is your head worth?" Easy reply, but the cash outlay in my mind is hard to justify.

$756.00 on ebay. I haven't seen them anywhere for $900.00. Still expensive any way you look at it. I still want one

It's a nice helmet if you have a head like a cue ball. If you're at all oval-shaped, the C3 is a prescription for forehead pain.

Got my C3 Pro and BMW communicator. Love it so far

This is a copy/paste from another thread just in case you all weren't on that thread.

Well I picked up the helmet today from the dealer. Got home and gave it a good look over. Schuberth did an excellent job installing the BMW Communicator System. All wires are tucked and hidden where they're supposed to be. Microphone boom is in place and works. It took me a while to get the helmet synced with the 2012 BMW R1200RT but one I figured out all the steps it went smoothly. I was then able to hear the audio system through the helmet speakers. Everything went through as I wanted. iPod music, XM/Sirius, FM Radio, weather band and the BMW Nav IV which is hard connected to the audio system. After all that worked I paired my iPhone V to see how that worked. I probably won't use it while riding but it worked perfectly when I made a test call. I guess it will be nice if I'm making a quick stop to call home with an update I won't have to remove my helmet.

This set up is fairly expensive but work it if you want the ability to enjoy the creature comforts you have included on your BMW or even hearing your navigation system. You can also stream music to it if you don't have the audio system on your bike. Full retail this set up is around $1,222.00 and an additional $60.00 for Schuberth to install.

Feel free to ask any questions. I also don't need the "your crazy for spending so much" or "that's ridiculous to have such a set up"

Best regards,
Jason

Schuberth Helmets not for Oval Shaped Heads

It's a nice helmet if you have a head like a cue ball. If you're at all oval-shaped, the C3 is a prescription for forehead pain.

Amen to that. I would love to have a Schuberth, but my oval shaped head only likes the Arai Profile and now the Arai Signet Q, since the Profile has been discontinued. Forehead pain from an ill-fitting helmet is very distracting while riding a motorcycle.

Bill

I have both Arai "oval" helmets and Shuberth helmets. Both fit me just fine, although the Shuberths are much quieter.

Schuberth C3 Pro - great helmet so far

Ok, so I do have a head like a cue ball. I also really like quiet. Also air flow. So I visit Grand Rapids BMW and talk to Jim, and try on a bunch of helmets. I didn't look at pricing - just the fit, how quiet it seemed, how it functioned (modulars are very different in feel), and ended up with the Schuberth. The key was they had demo helmets so I could try different sizes and they'd be used a bit. The inner liner material feels very high quality, there is little wind noise, it comes with a nice pin lock visor, and the front locks into place like a mercedes door. It was the most comfortable, quietest helmet in the place. Moving from a 3 year old HJC it was a dramatic upgrade.

I added a Sena SMH10-11 blue tooth set up (too cheap for the Schuberth model and reviews were better on the Sena) - which works better than I expected. Around town (under 55mpg) I find the helmet very quiet, and for any longer rides I wear ear plugs and can still hear music or calls very well. I think starting with whatever protection is the most comfortable is a good starting point. Was it worth the $? I rationalized it by thinking of $1 / hour of riding vs. my old helmet and was happy to pay the bill. I ride an '01 GS, so the helmet cost about 20% of the value of the bike!

Ok, so I do have a head like a cue ball. I also really like quiet. Also air flow. So I visit Grand Rapids BMW and talk to Jim, and try on a bunch of helmets. I didn't look at pricing - just the fit, how quiet it seemed, how it functioned (modulars are very different in feel), and ended up with the Schuberth. The key was they had demo helmets so I could try different sizes and they'd be used a bit. The inner liner material feels very high quality, there is little wind noise, it comes with a nice pin lock visor, and the front locks into place like a mercedes door. It was the most comfortable, quietest helmet in the place. Moving from a 3 year old HJC it was a dramatic upgrade.

I added a Sena SMH10-11 blue tooth set up (too cheap for the Schuberth model and reviews were better on the Sena) - which works better than I expected. Around town (under 55mpg) I find the helmet very quiet, and for any longer rides I wear ear plugs and can still hear music or calls very well. I think starting with whatever protection is the most comfortable is a good starting point. Was it worth the $? I rationalized it by thinking of $1 / hour of riding vs. my old helmet and was happy to pay the bill. I ride an '01 GS, so the helmet cost about 20% of the value of the bike!

Congrats! That's where I bought my Schuberth. They are all great people at Grand Rapids BMW. Jim has got to be one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Back