• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo 660 Media Capacity??

greenwald

No matter what I try, seem to only be able to sync a max of 24 songs to the Media section of my Zumo 660.

Is this normal?! :scratch

Does your 660 have a micro SD card? If no, you need one to hold more content.

No matter what I try, seem to only be able to sync a max of 24 songs to the Media section of my Zumo 660.

Is this normal?! :scratch

No.

As Tom says, it's possible to put thousands of songs on an SD card depending on the card's capacity.

I keep my MP3s in separate directories/folders on the card at the root level. Some people have reported problems with more than 20 MP3s per directory, but I've not had that problem and have many more MP3s per directory than that.

After a master reset, it does take a while for the 660 to reindex/resync all the songs, but that is done only once so subsequent startups are fast.

You should be able to keep your MP3s on the Zumo itself too, but I've always used an SD card to free up the most space on the Zumo.

I don't know what you mean by the "Media" section of the Zumo, but you should probably have the MP3 files in an "MP3" directory on the root level of the Zumo's flash drive if you don't use an SD card.

Lee

I keep my MP3s in separate directories/folders on the card at the root level. Some people have reported problems with more than 20 MP3s per directory, but I've not had that problem and have many more MP3s per directory than that.

It takes forever for the Zumo to boot if I put all 1800 songs in one directory. Instead, I made folders of 300 songs each. It's slower to boot than if you had no songs, but still has very reasonable boot time.

The speed of the SD card also matters. I'm using a class 10 card, which was the fastest available when I bought it several months ago.

Thanks for all the re[lies so far.

FYI - I had installed a 4 GB card into the Zumo.

Perhaps I'll put the micro SD card into it's larger 'sleeve' and then try to download songs into just the card on my computer - then re-insert it into the Zumo.

Ah - don't you just love our electronic universe!

If the 660 is like my 550, the built in memory and the SD card show up as seperate devices when attached to the computer. Its possible that your loading the music to the limited device memory and not your media card.

In that respect, the 660 is like the 550. It is much better to load music, photos, even routes on the card, which will get a drive letter after the Zumo itself. I never load anything to the Zumo, it doesn't load by itself, f/w updates, map updates.

Then I back up the Zumo on my PC and put all else on the card, even specialty POI files.

But the 660 is very unlike the 550, it is faster when clean and slower when too loaded. I have 400 songs on my card and it's fine. Any more goes in a new folder.

I had the BMW Zumo (a 550) and now have the 660. It's so much easier to see and use than the small 550.

If the 660 is like my 550, the built in memory and the SD card show up as seperate devices when attached to the computer. Its possible that your loading the music to the limited device memory and not your media card.

I am trying to deal with an MicroSDHC card.

Is the HC designation screwing things up?

The Zumo still only show and play the original 24 songs I sync'ed into it initialy.

Frustrating!!!:sick

The Zumo still only show and play the original 24 songs I sync'ed into it initialy.

Just a hunch.. I bet your using Windows Media Player to sync your songs..if so you'll have to convert your songs to MP3 before syncing

HC means high capacity. It's compatible. What Clay said might be right. Zumo only likes MP3.

If you put the card in the computer, can you see the songs?

It appears I can sync songs from my Windows Media Player library to the SDHC card, but the Zumo does not recognize it or list the songs when I 'browse.'

Any suggestions??

google "How to convert windows media files to MP3". The steps can be long and involved and may require several bits of software that you don't have on your machine. Or it may be somewhat straightforward depending upon what version of windows meda player you are using.

The issue is that Windows Media Player uses a different format for music than that supported by your Garmin. You need to translate the windows files to something the Garmin (and most other MP3 players) will understand.

It appears I can sync songs from my Windows Media Player library to the SDHC card, but the Zumo does not recognize it or list the songs when I 'browse.'

Any suggestions??

What brand is the microSD card? The first one I bought I had to return, then I bought a 3X more expensive one, it worked.

The 660 can be picky here.

Back