• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Custom Garmin ride for the Rally (294 mile loop)

BTW.. for those of us that are Mapsource fluent (whatever that means...) Check out GPSvisualizer.com

You can instantly convert your .gpx format files into elevations, jpegs, google earth (KMZ)... yahoo maps, USGS topos, all sorts of interesting formats.

Thanks you... I like the ride.

Do you have a nice ride that would go through the Amish country, Delaware Gap, and Poconos areas?

You'll have to ask an easterner about the Delaware Gap and Poconos. On Amish country, I'd stay out of Lancaster County--it is so congested in the summer, particularly on weekends. You'll hit pockets of Amish and have to dodge buggies all over the place in little pockets.

You'll have to ask an easterner about the Delaware Gap and Poconos. On Amish country, I'd stay out of Lancaster County--it is so congested in the summer, particularly on weekends. You'll hit pockets of Amish and have to dodge buggies all over the place in little pockets.

Thank you... and thanks for the other map. I like it too.

Here's a 278 mile on that will take you to Gettysburg. It's more congested that the others, running through what is called the West Shore towns near Harrisburg, and on Route 11. But that's the price for getting to Gettysburg without swinging way to the west.

Lunch in Carlisle

Rockbottom - we're thinking of a lunch spot in Carlisle on our way to Bloomsburg. Thinking that Middlesex Diner might be the spot. A good choice?

You interested in joining us on that Thursday?

p

I've driven or ridden past it literally thousands of times and never stopped. (I actually live in Middlesex Township rather than Carlisle Borough). And one of my daughters worked there over the summer. It has a huge trucker clientele though.

They're slightly more work to get to but I'd recommend

Market Cross Pub

Alibis

Boiling Springs Tavern

Let me know as the details develop.

Great stuff

Thanks, guys, for putting these routes out there. I am not familiar with the PA roads. These suggested routes are perfect for the anticipated day trips during the rally.

:burnout

Back