• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Holloman AFB Wolf Pack Ride

mfifer

Titan Silver
On Monday 10/6/08 the White Sands Missile Range Safety Riders Group ( Wolf Pack ) took a 140 mile round trip run to Holloman AFB to celebrate BG Rick McCabe's retirement and honor his leadership as General of White Sands ( ps , he rides a K1200). Upon arrival at Holloman we were taken to see the new F22 , by invitation of Col Mike McGee and a photo session. After a blessing from the USAF chaplin , Lt Col Gary Garvey, also a rider, we picked up about 35 or more riders from the USAF safety group (Raptors) and at 90 strong we rode Hwy 54 back to the Oro Grande gate of White Sands ( eastern most gate) and across White Sands Test Area back to post.
We had a luncheon and a couple of speeches there and the announcement of our new MSF training coarse on post.
The day was fantastic . The weather was great , lots of nice guys , and all types of bikes were welcome. We had all ages and types of people from the Brigadier General to civilians.

DSCF1782.jpg

DSCF1789.jpg

Thanks , Mike Fifer

PS , just got this note from General McCabe.

Just a note to express my sincere thanks to Sammie, Darrell, Randy Grunow, Col Mike McGee, Mr Salinas and all our Friends who made this ride wonderful! I depart with a great memory of a great morning on the road with you all. You have so many more in store as well. Here is to a future of safe fun and comradeship. I could not have asked for a better event for a last ride with the Pack... That is, last ride for now!
God Bless!
:)
Rick McCabe
BG, USA
HOOAH!

I think the fuel consumption and the insurance premiums on the F-22 might be a problem for some of us.

Back