• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shipment of Parcels to the Rally

SPCLED

I will never ride enough
When is the soonest I would be able to pick up my parcels that I have shipped to the rally? I plan on shipping my camping gear and arrive at the rally site Wednesday afternoon. Will the UPS receiving and distribution folks be staffing this unit to pick up my parcel?

SPCLED

That sounds like a good idea, as we'll be riding 2 up and packing on a bunch of gear for a 650 mile ride is iffy. Where (what address) would we ship to? I assume you'd simply address the package to yourself and pick it up when you get there, right?

:bikes

Receiving

Good question about the receiving issue. We, Karen and I, will be at the rally starting to organize receiving on Monday morning. If you want, you can put your cell # on the label and we will call you when it is logged in. (This ass-u-me(s) cell coverage at the site. I'm not sure). We will try to close receiving by 5p but if arrive late, we will still open to retrieve tents, cigars and ?

The shipping add'y is in the ON.

The Monday morning start assures that all of the vendor receiving is done.

Ben & Karen
Receiving Chairs

July 15th

It states in the FAQ not to ship packages to arrive before July 15th. I will ship my package on Friday July 10th because I will be on the road the following Monday and will not be able to ship my package then.

UPS states that my package will arrive on July 14th. Will the be a major problem?

SPCLED

It states in the FAQ not to ship packages to arrive before July 15th. I will ship my package on Friday July 10th because I will be on the road the following Monday and will not be able to ship my package then.

UPS states that my package will arrive on July 14th. Will the be a major problem?

SPCLED

Not a problem. We are trying to keep the parcels from coming in before our shipping and receiving folks get in. But if there is a case where you must have it arrive early, send it on. Be sure to clearly mark the package with your name, BMW MOA RAlly and your contact number. The fairground will put the package into our area. Our committee should be on the ground by Sunday 14th and working on the 15th.

Not a problem. We are trying to keep the parcels from coming in before our shipping and receiving folks get in. But if there is a case where you must have it arrive early, send it on. Be sure to clearly mark the package with your name, BMW MOA RAlly and your contact number. The fairground will put the package into our area. Our committee should be on the ground by Sunday 14th and working on the 15th.

Hey Vance. There are some mornings I get lost for 5 minutes between the bathroom and my upstairs kitchen, so stop trying to confuse me.

"Sunday the 14th" only works if we held our Rally in JUNE!

I presume you mean the Receiving Staff will be on-site on July 12th, with packages preferred no earlier than Tuesday, the 14th, correct?

Haven't been able to get a response from Ben & Karen as to how long they will be staffing the UPS booth on Wednesday, for those who may arrive during the evening hours...........any help? :laugh

just wanted to post this here...cause I couldn't find it elsewhere

How do I ship my gear to the Rally?
Please do not ship packages for arrival before July 15th to avoid confusion.
Upon arrival on site please visit the Receiving area located close to the Vendor area to claim your shipments. Clearly mark all packages as follows:

Your Name & Contact Number

C/O BMW MOA Rally

APPALACHIAN FAIRGROUNDS

100 Lakeview Street

Gray, TN 37615

just wanted to post this here...cause I couldn't find it elsewhere

How do I ship my gear to the Rally?
Please do not ship packages for arrival before July 15th to avoid confusion.
Upon arrival on site please visit the Receiving area located close to the Vendor area to claim your shipments. Clearly mark all packages as follows:

Your Name & Contact Number

C/O BMW MOA Rally

APPALACHIAN FAIRGROUNDS

100 Lakeview Street

Gray, TN 37615

Oh boy! Still confused.

Just got a PM from Vance yesterday, stating that an arrival of camping gear on Tuesday, July 14th would be OK.

????

Back