• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75s Windscreen alternatives

TechPoet

About to ride from SoCal to Colorado. What are good alternatives to this postage stamp sized windscreen?

About to ride from SoCal to Colorado. What are good alternatives to this postage stamp sized windscreen?

Just remember that a larger screen will put higher loads (because of the longer lever arm created by the taller screen) on the two lower press in nylon screw retainers.

BMW believes that it is already so weak that there is a sticker on your bike that says do not exceed 98 mph with the stock windscreen. I routinely ignore that, but I replace those retainers every couple of years.

IF you install a new windscreen, I STRONGLY recommend that you replace all four retainers.

:dance:dance:dance

+1 on the retainers. That's how I lost the Parabellum shield, it pulled out and flew over my head on I-75. Then a semi ran over it. Since the holes were already hogged out too much for the stock fasteners to do much good, I replaced them with nylon license plate nuts, never had any more problems.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 43
Back