• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Superstore - Bad Experience

Over the past 5 or 6 years, I've bought a lot of gear from them and sent a lot of stuff back for either a return or another size. Never had any trouble and was always able to get someone on the phone for RMA's.

Many retailers like MC Superstore drop-ship from the manufacturers, and while I haven't had any delay from them, it happens that the manufacturer isn't giving the retailer accurate inventory info.

Me too.

I was screwed around by them. They never shipped an order, and after numerous emails with no replies over weeks I had to have my CC company reverse the charges.
I will never consider ordering from them again.

You placed your order "on-line" as far as I could make out...right?

There is usually a "comments" or "special instructions" window when placing on-line orders and I always specify that this order is only valid IF: 1) the item is in stock and ready for immediate shipment and 2) my charge card is only to be billed when the order actually ships.

If the store fails to comply with those instructions, as far as I am concerned, the order is null and void.

And in the end, I've placed countless orders south of the border and have never had a problem, as I usually call first and speak to someone in person.

yes I placed the order online and it had a green dot that said

"Usually leaves our warehouse in 3 business day(s). "

That tells me the item is in stock, otherwise they should put a disclaimer that the item is in low stock and possibly not available because our website may not reflect up to date stock.

Instead my item is still listed there after all this with the green dot, which in turn will just burn someone else down the line.

yes I placed the order online and it had a green dot that said

"Usually leaves our warehouse in 3 business day(s). "

That's code for "our supplier will ship it if/when they get around to it". If they say same day shipping, they already own it. Personally, I'd rather do biz with New Enough if possible.

If you have ever worked in any kind of warehouse, you will know the computer is often inaccurate. Closeouts are where this really rears it's head. If you have 5 in stock, and someone orders 1 they are fairly certain to get one. When it says one then it is a crap shoot.

This does not excuse them, but only indicates you can not trust the inventory on closeouts.

They did a drop ship, and the manufacturer may not be very accurate. Often this is one of the reasons a manufacturer chooses to use retailers. It makes it hard for the retailers. This is really common.

Sometimes understand helps soften the displeasure.

My .02

Rod

If you have 5 in stock, and someone orders 1 they are fairly certain to get one. When it says one then it is a crap shoot.

There was nothing mentioning only one left, if that was the case I would understand and it wouldn't be a big deal. It would have been a crap shoot. However the waiting of 7 days to let me know that I am not getting the item after speaking with someone the day before saying the items will ship ASAP and be sent one day shipping, that was the kicker. In 7 days you can miss out on another deal from another site. Which luckily I didn't miss out on anything because I ordered the same suit for the same price from a sportbiketrackgear.

Which luckily I didn't miss out on anything because I ordered the same suit for the same price from a sportbiketrackgear.

So why are you making a big deal out of it? Your profile shows you don't have a bike and you have at least 3 months of Winter left :scratch

So why are you making a big deal out of it? Your profile shows you don't have a bike and you have at least 3 months of Winter left :scratch

Well lets see.......:scratch

1. I was hoping this wouldn't happen to another person and they know what could happen to them if they did order from M.S. This is just my experience, nobody had to comment or post anything and I don't recall asking anyone to? Everyone has and is allowed to form their own opinion on the topic and I don't think I am making it a big deal involving you personally. I don't think I made you read this or post on here so there is no big deal?

2. What if I wouldn't have been able to get the same suit for the same price from another place because of the delay from M.S? That wouldn't have changed my experience with M.S. at all, it was still a bad experience and that is what I posted.

3. In my initial email to M.S. I said I would possibly post my experience on some of the online forums I frequent. So I am following through with what I had initially said I was going to do. I am a man of my word.

As for my profile not showing any bikes, sorry that isn't up to date. Neither is yours, or it just doesn't match your sig. I have a 04 R1100S with a bunch of mods and my girlfriend has a 07 F800S. We may add a track bike this summer or a supermoto bike but that is up in the air yet. I would also like to swap my R1100S for R1200S but I would be sacrificing some comfort so???

Also as far as having 3 months of winter left, you are correct but I guess I like to plan ahead and have things ready before the riding season is here. Plus buying gear in the winter keeps me doing something motorcycle related since we can't ride the streets and usually gear is cheaper.

Hope that explains everything.

Looks like I found another good place to order items from. I got this sent to me via P.M. WOW!!!!! Talk about awesome customer service from a company that I never even ordered anything from! They also do price matches, free shipping above a certain amount, and have a great selection!

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me reaching out to you, but I am one of the partners at RevZilla Motorsports (http://www.revzilla.com). I just read your post about the awful shopping experience you had.

Myself and 2 others started our company 13 months ago because we were fed up with the level of service out there and thought we could do one better by offering a better customer experience then the competitors out there

**** happens, but its the retailer's responsibility to make things "right". It hasn't always been easy, but we have managed to be on the ResellerRatings top stores page for the last 6 weeks. http://www.resellerratings.com/topstores.pl

Anyway, I am writing you because I would like you to give us a shot. And since Motorcycle Superstore wouldn't make it right, we will. If you can give me your email address I will give you a $50 store credit with us.

Either way, I didn't think it would hurt to reach out. Enjoy the rest of the holidays.

Taking it Back

Earlier I had posted about my bad experience with motorcycle superstore....

I'm currently on a long winter ride, in Texas I had a flat rear tire that I could not fix, having a 3 inch tear in my Scorpion Sync. I replaced it with what was available at the time with a Bridgestone Battleaxe BT something or other. Anyways, this tire sucks for my purposes and after riding up the coast and on 70 miles of ice to get over the pass and into Bend, OR I needed to get a new Scorpion Sync ASAP to help me get out of the snow and back to the coast....
Motorcycle Superstore's service was great, fast, cheap, and on time getting me a new tire in 1 day with free shipping.
I want to take back my ill thoughts of M.S., and am very happy with their service.
In my field you're only as good as your last gig and they came through for me... now if the weather would just cooperate!

459056491_L4Hz3-XL.jpg

HWY 138 near Diamond Lake OR. 4 days ago.
Ice with gravel on top, serious pucker factor...:brow there's more on my site.

Here's my SPOT track for the past few weeks:

Cheers!

Attachments

• spot_messages.gpx
    74 KB · Views: 329
Back