• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shoei Quest? anyone?

i-scream-stop

iscream-stop
I currently have the Shoei RF-1000 and have been reading up and checking out the new Shoeis. I am also trying to talk my wife into one and to step up from here modular to a fuul face. Anyone have experience with them yet, are they actually quieter and more comfortable than the previous. I have an odd shaped head and have had many helmets over the last 25 years for riding and racing and use to sell racing helmets actually (not Shoei ironically) and I will probably not change brands because the Shoei fits my head the best. But style might change just want more info from experience.:banghead

I currently have the Shoei RF-1000 and have been reading up and checking out the new Shoeis. I am also trying to talk my wife into one and to step up from here modular to a fuul face. Anyone have experience with them yet, are they actually quieter and more comfortable than the previous. I have an odd shaped head and have had many helmets over the last 25 years for riding and racing and use to sell racing helmets actually (not Shoei ironically) and I will probably not change brands because the Shoei fits my head the best. But style might change just want more info from experience.:banghead

I don't have one...but have been reading reviews. Just an FYI, the webBikeWorld site probably has the most detailed reviews on most helmets currently on the market. Their review of the Quest has got me interested in trying a Shoei again after only owning Arais for years.

I'm just sayin'..! :thumb

Last edited:
I bought two (one for me and one for my wife) two months ago, mainly because her Arai was due for replacement (and I'd never buy another Arai so long as they persist in keeping that aggravating shield-changing mechanism). I bought one as well because we also bought two Sena bluetooth intercoms and I wanted to keep my Autocom-equipped helmet as is. Having said all that, we really haven't tried them other than in the house, given this thing called winter. I realize that's hardly a fair test. They fit fine, and the fit and finish is good. How they'll be on the road remains to be seen.

I bought the Qwest a few weeks ago.
Prior to using this I was using an HJC Modular helmet.

This helmet fits great. Now I know what venting is, I can feel the air blowing across the top of my head. This is the first expensive full face that I have purchased and I am very happy with it.

I sweat in the heat, but I will sweat in the heat with any helmet. I also wear a full suit in any weather, so I am used to it.

I do find this helmet very quiet and it is much more quiet than the HJC that it replaced.

The liner does not come out, only the cheek pads. It would be better to be able to take the whole liner out once in a while, but I can live with it. I may dip the whole helmet once year to freshen it up.

Got it for $270 ish online.

The Quest looks like a good helmet. I tried one on and it fits me well, as has every Shoei XL I've bought for a decade. But I bought the RF1100 because it has a removable liner. That may not be important to some, but a non-removable liner is a deal killer to me. I just sweat too darn much, so any helmet I wear needs a thorough washing several times each summer. That, and just a glance at the vents on the RF1100 tells me that it vents very well.

FYI, RF1100 is the first of the RF series with a removable liner. Five years ago I got the X-11 rather than the RF1000 because it has a removable liner.

BTW, after several weeks and around 1,000 miles, I have to say that the RF1100 is a heckuva lid.

And the prior poster is right, check out WebBikeWorld for excellent reviews of all three new Shoei helmets, the Quest, RF1100, and X-12.

love the qwest, done about 2000 miles so far in mine. very quiet, fits like every shoei I've ever tried on.

I highly recommend it.

I too wanted to move from my old heavy noisy Nolon 102 to a full face. The Quest is a very nice helmet. I tried one on at the NY motorcycle show.

They also had the Shuberth which I found disappointing.

Aria booth was near so I ended up looking at the RX-Q. A new helmet design for the upright riding position. I tried this on and it was the one for me.
IMHO the Quest and RX-Q are both very good helmets. The RX-Q has great venting , is light and very quiet. It also fit me the best.
Check one out befor you buy.

Back