• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding the Alps - Wanna come?

jurgen

Daily Rider
I am leading a trip to the Alps to ride a bunch of the historic passes between Switzerland, France, Italy and Austria.
Still looking for a few buddies to come along.
Very similar to the Edelweiss rides, but more flexibility, more riding, a bit less sightseeing. This is for serious riders - we'll be doing a lot of switchbacks, much better than the "tail of the dragon" or any other curvy road this side of the pond.:D We'll rent bikes in Heidelberg and pick biker-friendly hotels. Good food too:eat In the post-season there are plenty of affordable rooms and few tourists, and the weather is usually stable.
Dates: 10 riding days, September 12 to 21, 2011 (still a bit flexible)
Here is a link to my 2009 ride report - this one could be similar but we may decide to something different - all depends on weather and conditions.

http://tinyurl.com/6j69u3h

PM me for details

wish that I could make it.

But Nanc may not understand. Hope you get the chance to take some pics and video! See you Saturday!

Dale

In a little more than an month, I will be spending 15 days riding, with my wife and 2 sons, on the small roads in the Alps.

2 years ago!

Did it, never bought a T shirt!

You will have a GREAT time.

I won't go back because there are too many things here I still want to see!

According to some Archeologists that were conducting a dig, one of the most "historic" is the Solk pass in Austria. They were looking for more evidence that proved the Solk was one of the first passes used by humans moving North in Europe.

According to some Archeologists that were conducting a dig, one of the most "historic" is the Solk pass in Austria.

A nice one and I forgot how good it was. I rode it some fifteen years apart, the last time being in 2010.

Alps Trip

I am leading a trip to the Alps to ride a bunch of the historic passes between Switzerland, France, Italy and Austria.
Still looking for a few buddies to come along.
Very similar to the Edelweiss rides, but more flexibility, more riding, a bit less sightseeing. This is for serious riders - we'll be doing a lot of switchbacks, much better than the "tail of the dragon" or any other curvy road this side of the pond.:D We'll rent bikes in Heidelberg and pick biker-friendly hotels. Good food too:eat In the post-season there are plenty of affordable rooms and few tourists, and the weather is usually stable.
Dates: 10 riding days, September 12 to 21, 2011 (still a bit flexible)
Here is a link to my 2009 ride report - this one could be similar but we may decide to something different - all depends on weather and conditions.

http://tinyurl.com/6j69u3h

PM me for details

Jurgen,

Just out of curiosity, which bike will you be taking? The GSA or the RS?

Kent

Back