• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

I know I already posted pics of my '78 R80/7, but last night I took the fairing off while trying to chase down a squeaky sound, and boy is that a sexy machine when you take all its clothes off!

naked-bike.jpg

R100s R80st and a Trail Boss

Cleaning the garage, last weekend, ended up with my bikes lined up on the street, My first legal bike,1973 Kawasaki 100 Trail Boss G4TR a 1983 R80st, supose to be my wifes, but she hasnt got on it yet, a little tall for her and my 1980 R100S Executive Sport

Attachments

• IMG00053-20100906-1437.jpg
    IMG00053-20100906-1437.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 797
Last edited:
I know I already posted pics of my '78 R80/7, but last night I took the fairing off while trying to chase down a squeaky sound, and boy is that a sexy machine when you take all its clothes off!

naked-bike.jpg

Leave it naked!:brad

Leave it naked!:brad

Nah, it looks good, for sure...but I got enough of being a tough guy when I was half my age. I live in Kansas, where we get ALL the weather, and I like to ride every possible day of the year. The fairing is ugly, but by cracky, it makes for a hell of a comfy ride. :)

Nah, it looks good, for sure...but I got enough of being a tough guy when I was half my age. I live in Kansas, where we get ALL the weather, and I like to ride every possible day of the year. The fairing is ugly, but by cracky, it makes for a hell of a comfy ride. :)

"ugly" but so unique!! That Wixom Ranger on your R80 is so retro cool!
All you need to do is figure away of removing and reinstalling the fairing quickly. In the day I had a CB500T with a Wixom rigged up with wing nuts for quick removal.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vaTPaZ4Bx-w&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vaTPaZ4Bx-w&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

My new airhead project. 1983 R80ST. Picked it up a couple of days ago. I am at the stage of trying to figure out where to go with it.. I am leaning towards a scrambler style rather than a full on G/S... I like to ride gravel and some dirt roads so I was thinking of a G/S handlebar, knobbie tires and chunky grippy pegs. Probably get a solo seat and a tail rack set-up.. give it a spit, pollish and a few dabs of paint here and there.

I was looking for a ST for some time for a few reasons.

1) I am only 5'5".
2) I wanted a 800 cc monolever
3) wanted spoke wheels with tubes so I can air down my tires on extended soft stuff

st-scrambler.jpg

Below is my other wonderful airhead
IMG_0338.JPG

Back