• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best "Water proofing" Spray

Rpbump

Rpbump USN RET CPO
I use a U-bag made by JO and want info on spray water proofing products. I know that these products do not really protect contents subjected to persistent or heavy rainfall but would appreciate feedback from fellow riders.

RIDE SAFE

Riderwarehouse suggests industrial strength ScotchGard for the Roadcrafter and Darien clothing. It seems to work well for me (water beads up and blows off instead of soaking the exterior fabric.)

Your best bet on keeping contents dry in anything past a sprinkle is a GladBag or plastic trash bag. Helps to keep things organized also. Pack in the plastic bag, then pack the bags in the U pack.

Slicone Water Guard by Atsko

This stuff is sold everywhere that sells camping gear, etc.. I have used Scotchguard too for years and years too. The one I mentioned first has been my go to for most recent years and I have no wet gear:). I spray everything with it, usually once before a very long trip and maybe again IF the season gets long and I find myself camping into the rainy season more. Bright orange lid on can, easy to spot on store shelf. Its never done any harm to anything i've sprayed it on. I use it thin, just getting my materials damp with spray, not wet! Randy

I have a Motoport air mesh kevlar riding suit and Motoport recommends Fabric Guard 303. I use it and it works well. Here is their description:

303 High Tech Fabric Guard is a non toxic, ozone safe advanced fluoropolymer protectant that can be used effectively on a wide variety of fabrics. It is specifically designed to provide excellent Water & Oil repellency, superior stain resistance and to prevent the formation of mildew. It protects from the harshest of environments, yet is safe enough to be used on the finest wools and silks. This fabric guard also provides high quality UV protection, which helps to prevent any treated surfaces from fading or becoming prematurely damaged by the sun.

I use a U-bag made by JO and want info on spray water proofing products.RIDE SAFE

I typically pack my dry items in individual zip-lock bags. In addition to the dry factor, it also helps to keep things organized and with the items in individual bags, it helps to compress things down. For a water repellent, I use the Kiwi brand of products.
kiwi.JPG

Back